2003/5 Korea Vintage G-400 Neck Specs?

Reaction score
Is the neck on the 2003/5 Vintage G-400 similar to the uber-thin '61 Special reissue necks? Or is it a little heftier like the later G400 necks?

The WIKI says "SlimTaper profile" on the G400 Vintage vs. the '61 Special "SlimTaper D" but that doesn't seem definitive either way.

Or perhaps someone has one and has take measurements at 1 & 12 for thickness and width?

DrBGood

Reaction score
The P90 '61 Special RE has one of the thinnest neck I've had. I am not a huge fan of the Slim Taper D. My 2004 Vintage has a comfy neck. I like thicker necks, but this one I can easily deal with.

I sold my '61RE because of the neck. Also sold my Epi LP Tribute Plus for the same reason. Too bad, because they were both tone monsters. The Vintage is not going anywhere.

Reaction score
The P90 '61 Special RE has one of the thinnest neck I've had. I am not a huge fan of the Slim Taper D. My 2004 Vintage has a comfy neck. I like thicker necks, but this one I can easily deal with.

I sold my '61RE because of the neck. Also sold my Epi LP Tribute Plus for the same reason. Too bad, because they were both tone monsters. The Vintage is not going anywhere.

Thanks. Any chance you have a caliper and would be inclined to measure the 1 & 12 on the Vintage?

Latest posts