'64 SG Standard Reissue Custom Shop

papagayo

Reaction score
Gibson Custom Shop made a short run for Chicago Music Exchange, a '64 Ri without Vibrola :facepalm:
Beautiful but what about the neck profile?

Temp 47698.JPG

Last edited:

pancake81

Reaction score
Gibson Custom Shop made a short run for Chicago Music Exchange, a '64 Ri without Vibrola :facepalm:
Beautiful but what about the neck profile?

View attachment 45640

Love the color, that’s beautiful. Not quite walnut, not quite cherry. Very appealing. Personally, if I were to spend the dollars on the 64 Custom Shop I would go for the vibrola. But I must admit, this is a unique piece

Also love the nylon saddles and yellowed MOP in the headstock. This should just be standard on SG’s in my opinion

Spiral

Reaction score
This guitar looks like those CME versions. I had the flash on when I took that picture above.

The neck profile is my favorite feature on this guitar. It's like a R0/1960 LP at the nut, but has more gradual girth from the 12th fret upwards. Very unique to the '64 (and '65 I believe). Comfortable for chords but great for bends up the neck, as you can really get some nice leverage off that thickness.

20210915_152620.jpg

It pains me to have to advertise this. I need the money for another amp. :sadwave:

pancake81

Reaction score
This guitar looks like those CME versions. I had the flash on when I took that picture above.

The neck profile is my favorite feature on this guitar. It's like a R0/1960 LP at the nut, but has more gradual girth from the 12th fret upwards. Very unique to the '64 (and '65 I believe). Comfortable for chords but great for bends up the neck, as you can really get some nice leverage off that thickness.

View attachment 45643

It pains me to have to advertise this. I need the money for another amp. :sadwave:

Sweet Jesus, looks at that wood grain on the NECK!! That is killer

Spiral

Reaction score
Where else can I advertise this? It's so much cheaper than others for sale on the net (only two on Reverb atm).

Surely this is a bargain in U.S, UK, Aus currency?

Now with Gotoh SD90-MGT-SL tuners.

pancake81

Reaction score
Where else can I advertise this? It's so much cheaper than others for sale on the net (only two on Reverb atm).

Surely this is a bargain in U.S, UK, Aus currency?

Now with Gotoh SD90-MGT-SL tuners.

Your price is fair no doubt, but not rock bottom. I think location likely has a role to play here. NZ is a long way across the pond for many potential buyer ins NA. Not to say some folks won’t consider that, but it is a long travel for the guitar. Also, I am not sure about custom fees and tax when coming into the country, so international buyers may be considering that in their math?

Spiral

Reaction score
Your price is fair no doubt, but not rock bottom. I think location likely has a role to play here. NZ is a long way across the pond for many potential buyer ins NA. Not to say some folks won’t consider that, but it is a long travel for the guitar. Also, I am not sure about custom fees and tax when coming into the country, so international buyers may be considering that in their math?

I guess it depends how much people want it. I've bought guitars as far away as Scotland and Germany, and apart from needing to tweak the truss a bit, I've never had issues.

I'll just be patient. I'm not selling myself short on this one.