Angus Young SG VOS signature guitar

fierogt28

Reaction score
I'd like to know if anyone has the DC resistance for the Seymour Duncan pickups that came on the Angus Young SG VOS signature guitar?

Any help for those that own this guitar that Gibson made 250 of them?

Thanks,

pancake81

Reaction score
I have one, absolutely love it!

This is a great article that speaks specifically to the Seymour Duncan Pickups Angus uses in his guitars to date. I was very impressed that Gibson reached out to SD to do this guitar properly. The sound is absolutely amazing, definitely the nails the live sound from Stiff Upper Lip to present. If your looking for a guitar that is actually a true copy of Angus’ guitar, look no further. In my opinion, this actually is a step above many signature guitars, as it doesn’t just give the appearance of the artists guitar, but truly shares the distinct details (beyond aesthetics) of Angus’ #1.

http://darthphineas.com/2016/09/seymour-duncan-custom-shop-angus-young/

“Another curious tidbit has to do with a mention in a recent Rig Rundown. While there is a distinct impression that the ones used by Angus Young are both at about 7.7-7.8 kOhm DC resistance, MJ also clarified that as just being the neck humbucker. The bridge humbucker is wound a little higher.”

Last edited:

pancake81

Reaction score
I'd like to know if anyone has the DC resistance for the Seymour Duncan pickups that came on the Angus Young SG VOS signature guitar?

Any help for those that own this guitar that Gibson made 250 of them?

Thanks,

I should also mention that their is 2 custom shop models, both bearing the same SD pick ups. The USA line signatures came standard with a 57 classic and the Gibson Angus young Pick up.

fierogt28

Reaction score
I have one, absolutely love it!

This is a great article that speaks specifically to the Seymour Duncan Pickups Angus uses in his guitars to date. I was very impressed that Gibson reached out to SD to do this guitar properly. The sound is absolutely amazing, definitely the nails the live sound from Stiff Upper Lip to present. If your looking for a guitar that is actually a true copy of Angus’ guitar, look no further. In my opinion, this actually is a step above many signature guitars, as it doesn’t just give the appearance of the artists guitar, but truly shares the distinct details (beyond aesthetics) of Angus’ #1.

http://darthphineas.com/2016/09/seymour-duncan-custom-shop-angus-young/

“Another curious tidbit has to do with a mention in a recent Rig Rundown. While there is a distinct impression that the ones used by Angus Young are both at about 7.7-7.8 kOhm DC resistance, MJ also clarified that as just being the neck humbucker. The bridge humbucker is wound a little higher.”

Didn’t this SG actually come out in 2009?
Angus has one that he has been using since the 2000 stiff upper lip tour. I guess they copied that guitar into 250 units. I wish I wish could find this model one day for my collection of guitars. Thanks,

Latest posts