Reaction score
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kosei_89
Junior SG Junior Member
Username: Kosei_89

Post Number: 1

Posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 09:44 pm: Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
Hi, I recently got a Pete Townshend SG off ebay, and now have a few questions:

1. I'm a Who fan, thats why i had to get the PT SG. Now i'm seeking that awesome distortion Townshend had in the early 70s. I've been looking around for an affordable Univox super fuzz, (theres one on ebay right now) but i dont have the money right now. Any suggesstions for a fuzz pedals out there that can give me "super-fuzz-esque" sound for a decent price?

2. I'm also seeking an affordable amp that suits the P-90s, preferably something that can be heard over my friends drums. Is there such a thing?

Any help would be very much appreciated. :-)

Charlieb
Vintage Vintage SG Member
Username: Charlieb

Post Number: 527

Posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 10:08 pm: Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
1. Just go down to your local music store emporium and play with what they have till you find something you like.

2. Think of an amp of about 20 watts or more. P90s and tubes are great. Another SG Schematic (my thanks to Lagger)

'04 Faded SG Special - '73 Guild S-100 - '78 Strat -
'96 Tele 52 reissue - '97 Tele Thinline - '98 Tele Thinline - '03 Adamas SMT... and a livingroom full of blackface Fender amps!

Spunky99
Username: Spunky99

Post Number: 474

Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 07:15 am: Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
The word is HIWATT
A DR 504 (50 WATT) or DR 103 (100 WATT)
That will cut through the drums nicely with Pete's signature sound.SG Standard

Charlieb
Username: Charlieb

Post Number: 528

Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 10:07 am: Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
He cant afford a univox fuzz and the suggestion is hiwatt. Ok.. I can see that logic. Another SG Schematic (my thanks to Lagger)

'04 Faded SG Special - '73 Guild S-100 - '78 Strat -
'96 Tele 52 reissue - '97 Tele Thinline - '98 Tele Thinline - '03 Adamas SMT... and a livingroom full of blackface Fender amps!

Lagger
Username: Lagger

Post Number: 976

Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 11:29 am: Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
lol
Ultimate SG wiring Schematic

Mrbeavsley428
Username: Mrbeavsley428

Post Number: 389

Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 11:38 am: Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
i took possession of an old music man 65 watt "115" for free recently...after a new celestion she'll be great =)Cheers,

-Brian

Spunky99
Username: Spunky99

Post Number: 475

Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 12:42 pm: Edit Post Delete Post Print Post
I am using a Classic 60's Fuzz by Vintage Tone Project and I love it. You can get it for $169.00 and that's less than a used Univox pedal on FleaBay.

http://www.vintagetoneproject.com/products2.htm

It is one of the 3 pedals that I would recommend out of my inventory. (The other 2 usable pedals being a Tube Screamer with 808 Kit and the Barber Tone Pump)

I use the Fuzz inline with the Tube Screamer to take my Fender 5F1 Tweed clone into the feedback zone at low volume. (The neighbors no licka da noise) Hours of fun with a whammy bar or not and just playing with the feedback....LOL
Nugent/Hendrix anyone?SG Standard