Blues for my new SG Tribute

Uffe Steen

Reaction score
Bought the latest SG tribute in january.
Used to play strat but times are changing
I have read a lot in here and that helped finding my way into the juicy SG sound.
All solo guitar

Last edited:

pancake81

Reaction score
That sounds so sweet. Very gentle touch you have, clearly you have invested a lot of time honing your craft. How did you find the transition from the Strat?

Uffe Steen

Reaction score
That sounds so sweet. Very gentle touch you have, clearly you have invested a lot of time honing your craft. How did you find the transition from the Strat?
Thanks Pancake :-) It was a journey to accept going to humbuckers. With that accept the tonal possibilities with the 3 positions + tone control overwhelms me now.
One thing is that suddenly I can turn the tone down without loosing volume and natural tone. It just warms it up.
With the strat I never touched the tone control because of loosing sound.

pancake81

Reaction score
Thanks Pancake :-) It was a journey to accept going to humbuckers. With that accept the tonal possibilities with the 3 positions + tone control overwhelms me now.
One thing is that suddenly I can turn the tone down without loosing volume and natural tone. It just warms it up.
With the strat I never touched the tone control because of loosing sound.

Right! As a Gibson player and didn’t even consider that on the Strat. I love the sound of a good single coil, and can think of endless players that I enjoy that all hold a start on stage.

To me the volume control knob always got in the way of my strumming/picking style. Everything can be rectified of course, and playing styles can be changed with some work. But the SG just felt so good and natural to me. You have adapted well with the transition, I look forward to hearing more of your videos

Last edited:

Uffe Steen

Reaction score
Right! As a Gibson player and didn’t even consider that on the Strat. I love the sound of a good single coil, and can think of endless players that I enjoy that all hold a start on stage.

To me the volume control knob always got in the way of my strumming/picking style. Everything can be rectified of course, and playing styles can be changed with some work. But the SG just felt so good and natural to me. You have adapted well with the transition, I look forward to hearing more of your videos

Hi Pancake.
Its funny because if you look close to my SG, you will see a mastervolume knob same place as the strat volume. I missed the strat swell so much that I had to have it on the SG.
I guess my playing style is so much stratty that I can handle the knob without thinking of it.

3bolt79

Reaction score
I have read a lot in here and that helped finding my way into the juicy SG sound.
All solo guitar

Graham Russel plays like you do lefty but strung righty. It’s pretty amazing.

smitty_p

Reaction score
To me the volume control knob always got in the way of my strumming/picking style.

I’m one of those people who thinks the Stratocaster volume knob is in exactly the perfect location!

smitty_p

Reaction score
All solo guitar

I love it when people utilize an SG for its clean-playing virtues. Too often the SG gets pigeon-holed as just a rock guitar.

Nice!

Latest posts