Custom made pic!

Alanbama

Reaction score
I think that I may have created the perfect pick! For me anyway. I am on a search to find which pick serves my wants and needs the best. I have been using .060 and .072 for soloing in a Jazz XL size and I like them both. For me that’s kinda heavy because all of my career I’ve used Dunlop .46 picks. Hey! Don’t judge! :whistle: But the heavier picks are better for picking, as most of you already know of course. I am usually the only guitarist in our little group so I have to play rhythm and lead. I do not enjoy strumming with a heavier pick. The light ones are just easier for me. So I took a .50 Stringjoy pick and sanded it down to the shape and size that I wanted! By making it smaller, it also makes it feel heavier but just right for me, I think. Anyway I wanted to share this with you and get your opinion and hear about things that you have done for better pick use. I’m going to try and post a pic of what I’ve done. Mine is the one on the left. Thanks guys!

C9311929-F84A-4AEA-ADEB-683A585C52BF.jpeg

DrBGood

Reaction score
Those are 0.60 ? Looking at the edges, they look thicker.

I also play light picks, 0.50, I find they sound much brighter than heavy ones. They let go of the string with a snap that heavy ones don't have. I also use 0.60 from time to time, thicker I can't. But I don't chug ...

Alanbama

Reaction score
I don’t chug either. I really am a big fan of the .50’s and I also use .60’s occasionally. I have found it difficult to find a .50 in the jazz xl style and I really like that style of pick. I’ve found the jazz xl in .60’s but not .50’s! If you know of any I’d love to hear from you.

DrBGood

Reaction score

Latest posts