Drunken Impulse Buy: 2017 SG Special T Sunburst

Rich Cuellar

Reaction score
Tequila is not my friend): I bought this on Reverb last night:
aFG9LCk.jpg

IGbVLno.jpg

IKOTZnV.jpg

I remember when these came out and I really wanted one, but when I went to find one, they got extremely scarce. So after a few drinks I came across this one last night for $1000 and bought it. Except I really can't afford it, and really don't need it. I guess Ill be sellin' some guitars, doh! It sure is purty though!

Go Nigel Go

Reaction score
That's a long ways from the worst decision I have ever seen made under the influence of tequila... Apart from the not being able to afford it easily, it looks pretty sweet. Hopefully it plays as good as it looks. :dude:

everdying

Reaction score
u should get drunk more often.... i too like that LP looking SG...
but didn't realize the back is all black... hmm... would have been even nicer in the same brown...

pancake81

Reaction score
My father always told me, "Son, the best decisions and worst decisions in your life will both be fuelled by alcohol". So far that has rung true for me. Even if not the best in your case, it has to be far from the worst, no?

Another saying I have amended for online shopping under the influence is, "a drunk never lies". Well, a drunk rarely buys something he doesn't actually want!. He probably just isn't taking into effect other factors like, the mortgage payment, or bills, or perhaps what the wife will say when you just said she cant buy new bedding because you shouldnt be spending $200...

Let it arrive, play it, see how it stacks up to the rest of the stable

An Abiding Dude

Reaction score
Tequila is not my friend): I bought this on Reverb last night:
aFG9LCk.jpg

IGbVLno.jpg

IKOTZnV.jpg

I remember when these came out and I really wanted one, but when I went to find one, they got extremely scarce. So after a few drinks I came across this one last night for $1000 and bought it. Except I really can't afford it, and really don't need it. I guess Ill be sellin' some guitars, doh! It sure is purty though!
If you're going to gamble online, there are worse ways to squander a grand. At least you'll have something tangible to show for it. The white pickguard and pup rings look nice against that brown wood grain and even the gold knobs work. Hopefully its a good player.

Huntroll

Reaction score
2017 is known to be a good year for SGs.

I know I love mine.

No neck binding so no nibs, that's a plus.

As long as its not worn out you'll love it !

njpaulc

Reaction score
I saw one on ebay last week, similar sunburst, no pickguard and those horrible butterscotch pickup rings and pokerchip. It had the anniversary 12 fret marker. I'm glad I didn't have any tequila because "...I would have had a lot of splainin' to do...."

Really nice sunburst by the way.

Rich Cuellar

Reaction score
Well, it arrived today. Man, it sure is a beauty! I saw this model years ago and thought it it was the best looking SG I'd ever seen. Its very vintage with the sunburst, which is a style I like personally. I buffed it a bit with some paste and brought out some shine and it transformed it. The pickups are fine enough, but my buddy has some killer sounding Throback 70s Select pickups I might buy from him and put in it. I sold my Tele Thinline and covered the cost, so Im good! Overall, Im pretty thrilled with this thing.
j5U4g8s.jpg

An Abiding Dude

Reaction score
Well, it arrived today. Man, it sure is a beauty! I saw this model years ago and thought it it was the best looking SG I'd ever seen. Its very vintage with the sunburst, which is a style I like personally. I buffed it a bit with some paste and brought out some shine and it transformed it. The pickups are fine enough, but my buddy has some killer sounding Throback 70s Select pickups I might buy from him and put in it. I sold my Tele Thinline and covered the cost, so Im good! Overall, Im pretty thrilled with this thing.
j5U4g8s.jpg
Maybe tequila is your friend after all?