duplicate sorry

cerebral gasket

Reaction score
They haven’t done RWRP P-90’s or bridge and neck specific P-90’s in a long time.

If both P-90’s are the same, there is no hum canceling in middle position.

sirpluckalot

Reaction score
They haven’t done RWRP P-90’s or bridge and neck specific P-90’s in a long time.

If both P-90’s are the same, there is no hum canceling in middle position.
I think your right regarding the non circuit board models with 50's wiring and such but I have a LP special tribute p90 and it is hum canceling.

sirpluckalot

Reaction score
I think your right regarding the non circuit board models with 50's wiring and such but I have a LP special tribute p90 and it is hum canceling.
I just saw that the special is 50's hand wired so I'm assuming it's not hum canceeling which althought many might not care it's a deal breaker for me.

cerebral gasket

Reaction score
Kinman or Fralin Hum Cancelling P-90 at the bridge for hi gain use and stock P-90 at the neck for cleans is my favorite combo.

skelt101

Reaction score
You could always make your guitar hum-canceling in the middle position by:
1. Buying a RWRP aftermarket pickup, or
2. Reverse the hot/ground connections and rotate the magnets in one pickup
To me, this makes more sense in something like a Fender that has a shared volume. IIRC, the hum-canceling only works when the pickups are at the same volume. I usually favor the bridge pickup when mixing the two in the middle position, so RWRP does me little to no good. YMMV, of course.

Latest posts