Eddie Van Halen R.I.P.

NMA

Reaction score
So Eddie Van Halen has died today. A true giant in music and a reason so many people picked up a guitar.

If one were to make a Mt. Rushmore of guitarists, Eddie would have to be up there. His innovations to the rock and roll solo were so monumental. Personally I loved his rhythm playing and didn't care for his soloing, but I know his playing inspired - and will inspire - thousands and thousands of young guitar players.

A legend in rock.

Steve D

Reaction score
Eddie was so iconic you can just say Eddie and everyone knows who you mean. If you were an aspiring guitar player in the '80s there was nobody absolutely
bigger than Eddie, nobody.

NMA

Reaction score
If you were an aspiring guitar player in the '80s there was nobody absolutely
bigger than Eddie, nobody.
Yes. Hard rock is certainly not my favorite genre, but when I was learning to play guitar, I just had to get some Eddie riffs down. I knew he was important to every guitar players growth as a guitarist. The guy was viewed as a legend no matter what style of music you enjoyed. Not many in music can you say that about. Eddie you could.

DanB

Reaction score
This is the third guitar site I have been on today, first Strat Talk, then Gretsch Talk, now here, the blogs are burning up with this. Very sad, such a talented and innovative guitar pioneer whose work helped to revitalize the rock and roll industry in the 1970s and 80s. Sorry to hear about this, still in shock. RIP Eddie and Godspeed!

Latest posts