Epi Bridge Choices for G-400

bluezguy

Reaction score
How do you G-400 owners feel about your stock bridge on the SG G-400?

Mine is not intonating to 100% before it's pressed up against the wall.
What are the high quality foo foo replacements out there that actually out perform these stock ones - not somewhat or marginally but, noticeably out perform.

I took the cover off the neck pup. I can't believe how perfect the wax job is. Must be some kind of injection system to fill every nook & cranny ...

Attachments

• DSC03697.jpg
    DSC03697.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 27

old mark

Reaction score
Gotoh.

I have used Goto bridges on several Epiphones of various kinds, and on some Gibsons as well. VERY solid, better adjustment and IMO it sounds better than most stock Gibson type TOM's.

I was considering putting one on my new Gretsch, but went with a new Compton chambered brass bridge instead...just ordered it this morning.:dude:

mark

R.A.F.

Reaction score
I got a Gotoh too. Just be aware that you'll have to make the grooves for the strings on the saddles.

iblive

Reaction score
The stock epi bridge is pretty much junk. One of the first things I did after getting my G400 was replace both the bridge and tail piece with TonePros pieces. Not only could I actually set the intonation and have it stay... I think the new pieces helped the tone.

old mark

Reaction score
Regarding the Gotoh bridges, if you get one make sure to specify the right one...they make inch and metric versions and Nashville as well as ABS replacements.

mark

ralphed

Reaction score
g400 intonation

Hi all;

New to this forum. Glad I checked it out because I was getting frustrated trying to intonate my SG. Now I know the problem. 3 strings perfect and 3 strings never gonna be. I was gonna fill and drill and move the whole thing back 1/8 inch.

What dimensions am I looking for to determine if its metric?

I didn't see any metric bridges in the stewmac cat. It looked like the GOTOH with the .234 posts and threaded bushings might drop right on my posts. Are they that close but still not drop in?

Its a 2003 from Korea/China per the guitar dater project, if that helps.

Thanks everyone
Ralphed

R.A.F.

Reaction score
Yep, the Gotoh bridge does drop in, without a problem. but the gotoh studs dont fit in the g400 bushings, and the gotoh bushings dont fit in the g400 bushing holes, so you'll only use the bridge. Also, like I said before, the gotoh bridge does not have slotted saddles. You'll either have to slot them yourself or have a luthier do it for you before you can install it.
By the way, welcome to the forum! :thumb:

ralphed

Reaction score
Thank you!

I will use it w/o the studs, etc, then. Cutting string grooves not a problem.

I just put a mojotone prewired kit in and I want to get the setup right.

I really like the neck profile on this, although I will prolly knock the gloss off with some compound to give it a more satin feel.

Thanks again,
ralphed

Latest posts