Fender Mustang Micro Amp

Bobbie99

Reaction score
I just got the Fender Mustang Micro Amp and tried it out on my Les Paul Axcess Bengal Burst guitar. Will try it out on my SG-12 later. I haven't had a chance to really explore all the settings and amp models yet, but just plugging it in without moving the settings it sounds great. I don't have a really good set of head phones, just a set of cheaper Koss phones I bought to listen to TV at the YMCA while on the cycles. This is really nice to have for practicing and not disturbing anyone. You can also move around the house and leave the amp put. The little guy just plugs into the guitar and you plug in the phones. Very light and portable. It models many amps and effects. I will keep posting information as I explore this cool device. Also is rechargeable with supplied cord.

fos1

Reaction score
I have been very pleased with mine. It makes a wonderful Fender tone. (big surprise). I use it frequently with the effects set to delay for a rockabilly slapback.

I use it to play at night when we have guests and I don't want to disturb them.

PS. You need to keep the included business size card to keep up with settings color codes.

Go Nigel Go

Reaction score
I have a small Fender Mustang II modeling practice amp with both headphone and speaker output. They really are a great option for a home practice rig. The flexibility offered by the modelling software is nothing short of astonishing. I will probably always prefer a more traditional rig for playing out and about with a group, but for home practice it is rapidly becoming my "go to" option. You really can get any sound you need with a few minutes to get through the settings.

Changing headphones has a much more pronounced effect than changing speakers in a conventional amp in my experience. It is definitely not a subtle change. So much so that switching headphones may require revisiting all your settings for a given sound. As long as you know that going into it, it's all good! :D Picking one set and sticking to them will give the most satisfaction in the long run, but trying several sets is a great idea at the start.

Bobbie99

Reaction score
I think I will be looking for some bluetooth earbuds so I can ditch the cord and the headset.

Go Nigel Go

Reaction score
I think I will be looking for some bluetooth earbuds so I can ditch the cord and the headset.
I can't think of a downside to that, I would love to be cordless. :thumb: Let us all know what you finally settle on to achieve that goal. I for one might even want to try it for myself.

Bobbie99

Reaction score
I picked up some Bluetooth buds yesterday and tried them today. I don't think you can pair them to the amp. You can pair to a phone and play along with Utube videos, I'm told. I haven't tried that myself, yet. So today I exchanged the buds for some Sony wired ear buds. The are very nice and sound great. So I will be using that for now. I really like this little amp.

Igonuts

Reaction score
I am really late for this party. But i have some warnings bout using the micro amp on some guitar models. Especially SGs. And, this is ETSG. So.....

The body of the amp when plugged into an SG is so close to the tone knob that the amp cant swivel. And layed flat (othewise it gets in the way) it sticks out way beyond the body of an SG. If you sit down or bump it, the amp will contact the tone knob and crack it. One or the other has to give. The crown on my witch hat broke off.
I now use, and strongly suggest, using a 90 degree 4in male to female patch cord and plug the amp into that. Then mount the amp on your strap or pant belt. I used velcro to attach to strap.
Example of the type of patch cord; https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/MnwAAOSwB99dFHiA/s-l640.jpg

Last edited:

vaxing

Reaction score
It's amazingly awesome. This thing blows my old vox amplug away. The stereo effects are really nice.

Latest posts