Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb

DrBGood

Reaction score
Anybody has one. I am starting to consider selling most of my amps and get one of these. Reviews are great. I'll have to go play one in a store.

Decadent Dan

Reaction score
I see “Digital” and run.
The 90’s Tone Master was the real deal.

E68E2DE2-B508-49DC-A67F-4F7FB21E42CD.jpeg

Last edited:

edselman

Reaction score
I sold a Deluxe Reverb Reissue that I had for twelve years and immediately regretted it. I then bought a Tone Master. Big mistake. It wasn’t close to being the same. Didn’t feel right. Didn’t sound right. I sent it back,

Snake Plissken

Reaction score
I had one for about a month and just returned it. It was a nice amp, but in the end it really didn't wow me and never did any one thing really well and would say it was just mediocre overall. It does have some nice features that were what initially attracted me to it...XLR out with mic sims that could be used for direct recording at home into my UA Apollo, built-in attenuator, lightweight, etc. But the sound just want there. Would be a great gigging amp, but at home it didn't have "that" Fender sound. Or it did, but was more like a bland version of a Deluxe. Also didn't care for the attenuated sounds. Too choked/restricted and no dynamics or touch sensitivity. I took it back and demo'd a little '68 Custom Vibro Champ Reverb and THAT was the sound I was looking for! The textbook Fender clean and sparkle that the Tone Master lacked, TONS of dynamics and touch sensitivity! It's just a beautiful little amp and the digital reverb actually sounds great, the tremolo is awesome and I actually like the stock speaker.

My uses may be different than yours. My days of gigging are done and no need for big, high wattage amps. I jsut play at home, record a bit and on rare occasion will jam and work out ideas with a buddy, but that's usually with 2 acoustic guitars.

I own an SG, a Strat and couple Teles and they all sound amazing through this little amp. I've always been more off a Princeton guy, but for smaller spaces and playing at home I much prefer the Vibro Champ. I can have the volume on the Champ at 4-5 and actually use the tubes and work the amp a little, where on the Princeton it's barely at two and the amp just feels dull at those low volumes, which was the same issue with the TMDR.

The TMDR is a great idea, but in its current state it jsut seems to be missing something sonically.

Last edited:

Latest posts