First Gibson SG , 05 , pics.

RMLamey

Reaction score
So this is my first actual Gibson SG (have had a few Epiphone). I was casually keeping eyes open for one a bit different, with a thicker then normal neck, and most importantly something that had that intangible "right" ... this one checked all the boxes.

It's a 2005 LPSG "Standard Authentic" , a limited run from GC. If anyone knows how many wear made please enlighten me, ive read 200 and 500.

Really love the aged hardware, and how this one has faded almost to a walnut look on top. You can still see the original cherry under the Pickguard and on the back. This one also has some nice grain. Fretboard also has some nice color and grain.

Anyhow this example has been well played , but taken pretty good care of, just honest wear.

I wasn't aware of this model/run until I saw it listed yesterday and was literally doing research as I was driving to pick it up.

Very pleased, love the feel, great neck, and sound coming from the Classic 57s.

A few pics,

Screenshot_20220618-082615_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220618-082459_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220618-082606_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220618-082424_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220618-190050_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220618-190056_Gallery.jpg

PermissionToLand

Reaction score
Wow, that really is faded! I love it. Would be neat to see a pic of under the pickguard.

These were a 2005-2007 limited run that never had any officially stated production limit that I could find.

There's an old thread on this forum about these guitars that makes a lot of jumps to conclusions about them being significantly different from a Historic 1961 Reissue, and seems to contribute to a lot of misinformation about them.

3bolt79

Reaction score
So this is my first actual Gibson SG (have had a few Epiphone). I was casually keeping eyes open for one a bit different, with a thicker then normal neck, and most importantly something that had that intangible "right" ... this one checked all the boxes.

It's a 2005 LPSG "Standard Authentic" , a limited run from GC. If anyone knows how many wear made please enlighten me, ive read 200 and 500.

Really love the aged hardware, and how this one has faded almost to a walnut look on top. You can still see the original cherry under the Pickguard and on the back. This one also has some nice grain. Fretboard also has some nice color and grain.

Anyhow this example has been well played , but taken pretty good care of, just honest wear.

I wasn't aware of this model/run until I saw it listed yesterday and was literally doing research as I was driving to pick it up.

A few pics,

View attachment 48381 View attachment 48382 View attachment 48383 View attachment 48384 View attachment 48385 View attachment 48386
That is a thing of great beauty. I would be tempted to get on if I run into one out in the wild, I have three SG’s. Two are Epiphones….a Custom and a Modern. And my wife got me an SG Standard back in April. But that grain is insane.

DrBGood

Reaction score

A few pics,

View attachment 48381 View attachment 48382 View attachment 48383 View attachment 48384 View attachment 48385 View attachment 48386
That is a looker !

DanB

Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase! I love the faded color on your SG! Hope you will enjoy playing it for years to come!

papagayo

Reaction score
Beautifull SG Custom Shop, this is not a toy, congratulations!

😻

Col Mustard

Reaction score
Yes, that guitar is stunningly lovely.
And with '57 classic p'ups it is sure to sound lovely as well.

No snarky comments about brown guitar ought to be allowed.
*grins
This one transcends any concept of color preference, and is a unique instrument that should be valued for what it is, and
never a whine about what it is not.

Red SGs abound... they are commonplace and frankly, not very interesting IMHO. But this one has aged like good wine (also IMHO). Treasure it! I believe you've found yourself the guitar of a lifetime.

I particularly like the fretboard.