Gibson Nashville to ABR-1 bridge upgrade

papagayo

Reaction score
I want to remove the Nashville bridge, I prefer the ABR-1 design. Don' t ask me why, I don' t know... My eyes prefer the ABR-1 style, so only for cosmetic.

I think that I will use those parts : Black Nashville anchors, conversion posts and Gibson ABR-1 bridge.

sg_sta50.jpg

sg_sta51.jpg

Retrop

Reaction score
Another option is the TonePros NVR bridge. Basically an ABR for Nashville holes (Like the current Gibson USA ABR) and you get a locking bridge as a bonus. I have them on my 2018 SG and my 2012 LP Traditional.

Logan

Reaction score
Talk to Lonnie about the Creamtone Kalamazoo conversion. Badabing, badaboom, you have studs into wood, and you're back to Kalamazoo.

In all seriousness, I've done the conversion on 3 guitars, and I can't recommend it enough.

cerebral gasket

Reaction score
I play whatever type of bridge comes with the guitar, but a Wraparound bridge is my favorite bridge design.

Keep it simple.

papagayo

Reaction score

papagayo

Reaction score
Point being, I prefer the Creamtone for the simple fact that you can use any ABR-1 you want. My Firebird I did the conversion to because there was too much of a back angle with the Maestro for the Nashville (and also I agree - they look better) and used a Gibson Chrome Wired ABR for it.

I' taking about this, Conversion Studs Nashville to 7mm/6-32 inch,
Same result with black inserts :
https://www.faberguitar.com/iNsert-...uds-7mm-6-32inch-Steel-nickel-plated-glossy_1

Temp 4489.JPG

papagayo

Reaction score
Point being, I prefer the Creamtone for the simple fact that you can use any ABR-1 you want. My Firebird I did the conversion to because there was too much of a back angle with the Maestro for the Nashville (and also I agree - they look better) and used a Gibson Chrome Wired ABR for it.

Logan, look at this, new Faber conversion studs + ABR-1 bridge. Simple and clean.

Gibson SG White 245.JPG

papagayo

Reaction score
This conversion is a very good upgrade, fantastic!

More sustain, more vibrations, awesome upgrade.

TDA1966

Reaction score
Definitely not an upgrade. Gibson's engineers didn't design a replacement for the ABR-1 just to kill time.

The only upgrade I could think of for BOTH models would be going from Zamak to machined steel, bell brass, or aluminum.

Last edited:

papagayo

Reaction score
The Nashville bridge is downgrade for sure and the big crap Nashville bridge is awful imho.

The Gibson ABR-1 is really sexy, with a good mount with good parts the result is very good for sustain and cool vibrations.

gibson-sg-white-245-jpg.42390

On my trans ebony SG Standard I glued black inserts and adapters to obain the same. I used LOCTITE 648 retaining compound (very strong), incredible sustain.

sg_sta51.jpg

Last edited: