Gibson SG headstock Logo and Crown alignment

Huntroll

Reaction score
Apparently Gibson needs to add a "Cattywampus" check box to each product release card.

Or maybe "Not Cattywampus" would be more appropriate.

Huntroll

Reaction score
Its hard for me to believe that's a real Gibson "final checkout" station shown in that picture.

Get a load of the neck support cushioning apparatus.

A couple of pieces of loose, cheezy packing material.

Thousands of dollars of product go across this setup daily, don't you think Gibson would build something more cushioned and protective.

It looks to me like every other guitar would be nicked, scraped, gouged, dented, you name it.

I guess its possible that's what they want to happen.

Decadent Dan

Reaction score
Its hard for me to believe that's a real Gibson "final checkout" station shown in that picture.

Get a load of the neck support cushioning apparatus.

A couple of pieces of loose, cheezy packing material.

Thousands of dollars of product go across this setup daily, don't you think Gibson would build something more cushioned and protective.

It looks to me like every other guitar would be nicked, scraped, gouged, dented, you name it.

I guess its possible that's what they want to happen.
19 Standard and 21 Junior “baby pics”…

76607EDB-32F6-4519-838F-1E277D0FB351.jpeg

B62FBEB5-4C52-49E1-9674-612F3018940A.jpeg

cerebral gasket

Reaction score
There’s always going to be process errors when products are mass produced regardless of industry.

MR D

Reaction score
2019 was the transition year. Early 19 was different from late 19. So, there were both that year.
I believe you are correct on that one D.D..but IDK 4 sure...I have an SG 'Original' from 2019 and am going to look right now...BRB....
OK, so.....
My 2019 SG 'Original' has the 1st 2 serial # digits as 19, so its impossible to date to a specific day of the year. I put it back already and don't remember if it had a low production run #.

Decadent Dan

Reaction score
I believe you are correct on that one D.D..but IDK 4 sure...I have an SG 'Original' from 2019 and am going to look right now...BRB....
OK, so.....
My 2019 SG 'Original' has the 1st 2 serial # digits as 19, so its impossible to date to a specific day of the year. I put it back already and don't remember if it had a low production run #.
Check out the inspection card, if you have one. That date will be a few weeks after the neck was stamped.
Remember they had a bankruptcy the year prior and made some changes. Going back to the older serial sequence was one.
One consequence of that change, intended or not, is mess with the counterfeit makers.

MR D

Reaction score
Check out the inspection card, if you have one. That date will be a few weeks after the neck was stamped.
Remember they had a bankruptcy the year prior and made some changes. Going back to the older serial sequence was one.
One consequence of that change, intended or not, is mess with the counterfeit makers.
HOLY $#!T D.D. that is a great idea ! I am pretty sure I have the Card along with the "Baby Picture", gonna take a look right now as that particular guitar is right next to Me at the moment......BRB........ OH YES, sure enough.....card sez 08-24-2018 and the serial# is low 13000, so it was fairly early in the 2019 production year run....YOU FRIKKIN ROCK D.D. HOLY SHIZZLE !!!!

Latest posts