HELP! 2012 Gibson SG 61 Re-Issue Worn Brown

Decadent Dan

Reaction score
It’s a Faded model. They were priced lower because their finishing process was less labor intensive.

Hector

Reaction score
It’s a Faded model. They were priced lower because their finishing process was less labor intensive.

Doesn't mean much, like when I purchased by first BFG, I noticed a (from the factory) small dent in the back of the neck.. His response was "Yeah, I saw that too, but it's not like it will effect the sound of the guitar..."

And he was right.

Decadent Dan

Reaction score
Doesn't mean much, like when I purchased by first BFG, I noticed a (from the factory) small dent in the back of the neck.. His response was "Yeah, I saw that too, but it's not like it will effect the sound of the guitar..."

And he was right.
Your story is irrelevant to the price of a faded finish being less expensive.

PermissionToLand

Reaction score
I was looking online to figure out how much I could sell my Gibson SG '61 Reissue in Worn Brown and I came across this thread and had to comment on @seizure's statement of "That be a funny day, all that backlash against maple fretboards and ten years down the road all of a sudden it becomes something sought after" because it looks like used prices are higher than they ever were new.
I'm completely baffled that these guitars were being blown out at $600 brand new. That has to be one of the greatest deals of all time for what that guitar is.

You're probably looking at sellers' asking prices. Just because sellers are asking the moon for everything doesn't mean that's actually what they're worth. Most of the guitars you see on Reverb have been sitting unsold for months upon years because the sellers somehow think they can sell any Gibson for more than it cost new.

Reverb's price guide puts these at $900-$1,300. https://reverb.com/price-guide/guide/10040-gibson-61-reissue-sg-2012-satin-ebony

For example: this asshat (https://reverb.com/item/56395680-gibson-61-sg-reissue-satin-2012-worn-cherry) thinking he can gouge somebody out of $1,700 for one is likely just a speculator who flips guitars to make money and doesn't give a **** whether he's pricing actual players out of the market.