I Moved My Strap Button!

Alanbama

Reaction score
I have really gotten tired of my otherwise amazing SG not laying against my body when I played with a strap. I also new that the problem was the neck heel location of the strap button. I really do love this guitar and was afraid to change anything. So tonight I manned up and did something about it. The strap button is now located on the upper horn tip and it has made a world of difference! It now lays against my body like I wanted it too and it has zero neck dive. It really feels wonderful like this. It wasn’t easy and it took a while because the neck of course is in the way but after using several tools with each one getting me a little further along I got the Dunlop strap lock button mounted. I can’t say enough about the great difference it has made. I dearly love it! If anyone has any questions about how I managed this just ask. 0A7C11D4-C7AF-4D1B-B4D7-57636594E54A.jpeg EC95C29B-4E37-4F9A-9DFC-AEBC77014275.jpeg D72DA918-A85E-4A1C-B042-EBECD93C4115.jpeg I’m

Last edited:

Colnago

Reaction score
Looks great!!!
How did you drill the hole with the neck being in the way?

papagayo

Reaction score
Poor SG copy ... A strap button on the horn is awfull .

DrBGood

Reaction score
Iommi did it.
Gibson did it.
Epiphone did it.
The Custom Shop did it on the $20k Iommi too.
Wtf?
No need for this type of comment. Looks like the member did a great job and obviously intentionally placed it where he did.
Guys ... don't feed that troll. Anything and everything Epiphone is crap to him. He's like a **** fly, been banned everywhere, still coming back. I've long put him on my ignore list and so did a lot of members.

Alanbama

Reaction score
Guys ... don't feed that troll. Anything and everything Epiphone is crap to him. He's like a **** fly, been banned everywhere, still coming back. I've long put him on my ignore list and so did a lot of members.
Thanks, man. That’s good information. And thanks everyone else for your support.

AngelDeVille

Reaction score
Looks like a top notch job, make it comfortable to play.

Other than flush mounts, I prefer those Dunlop buttons. I don't always use them with the locks.

Alanbama

Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve been using Dunlop locks for a very long time and I never have had one to fail. And like you said you can use any strap with them.
And thanks for the compliments to you all!

DrBGood

Reaction score
Food job. But if it was mine to do, I'd go another notch by shaping the base of the button to the horn shape.

I found this that looks like it. Couldn't find a better image. It doesn't look like a hacked job.

0dLarGF.jpg

papagayo

Reaction score
It is a shame that Epiphone sells unbalanced guitars, the wood is low density. And they find customers, $800 a piece of wood is a scam.

Alanbama

Reaction score
Food job. But if it was mine to do, I'd go another notch by shaping the base of the button to the horn shape.

I found this that looks like it. Couldn't find a better image. It doesn't look like a hacked job.

View attachment 48711
Yeah, I like that. I didn’t think about it. I may do it in the future. I’ve got to recover from the trauma of doing it to my baby first. 😆

Alanbama

Reaction score
Now I’ve got to get up the nerve to do this mod to my SG Classic. Although I really like this guitar too, it won’t be as stressful as operating on my number one baby. My friend has a Gibson SG Standard that I sold to him a few years ago and he’s really liking my mod. Thing is he’s a Bass player so he doesn’t play guitar too much.

Latest posts