Intonation flat on wraparound with no travel left

sleazy pot pie

Reaction score
I recently purchased my first wraparound bridge guitar.
A HB SG Jr copy. The guitar is great, but I can’t get the intonation right.
The bridge it came with is a badass copy, and the intonation was fine.
I would rather have a more vintage vibe, so I bought a wraparound with no compensation, like a TOM stopbar.
The intonation was flat 12-15 cents across the board.
Purchased a lightning bar wraparound, exactly the same issue. 12-15 cents off across the board.

I would really like to not use the original bridge, if anyone can give me some tips to get this intonation correct, it would be greatly appreciated.

AngelDeVille

Reaction score
Move your posts or slot the bridge deeper.

What was the source of the wraparound?

I used an Ibanez tailpiece to replace one of my fugly badass style.

Im waiting on a $10 Chinese wrap to see if it works on another one I need to replace.

sleazy pot pie

Reaction score
The first one was a kluson wraparound with nothing on the bar, model Kwrapal-N
The second was a lightning bar wraparound for juniors.

Both from sellers on Reverb

DrBGood

Reaction score
If the posts were set to use a badass, it could be hard to find another wraparound that fits. That is the worst design ever. It won't fit on most guitars because saddles are wrongly positioned in relation to posts openings, and it's really uncomfortable under the hand. I just hate it ... does it show :rofl: YUCK !

For a non compensated tail piece to work as a bridge, posts need to be set at a severe angle like on old Gibson.

Maybe try a Pigtail design.

Wraparound bridges.jpg

Can we see that Jr ?

sleazy pot pie

Reaction score
If the posts were set to use a badass, it could be hard to find another wraparound that fits. That is the worst design ever. It won't fit on most guitars because saddles are wrongly positioned in relation to posts openings, and it's really uncomfortable under the hand. I just hate it ... does it show :rofl: YUCK !

For a non compensated tail piece to work as a bridge, posts need to be set at a severe angle like on old Gibson.

View attachment 48128

Can we see that Jr ?

This makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the reply.
I have tried attaching a photo, but it says the file is too large. Not sure how to reduce picture size.

MR D

Reaction score
The 'Wrap-Around' Stop-Bar/Bridge should have adjustment screws on the back of it at the posts...I just bought the 2022 GIBSON USA Les Paul Special and it has the '50's style 'wap-around' combination Stop-Bar/Bridge and it is mounted on the guitar at a slight angle. The actual piece has two adjustment screws for the intonation on the back part of the piece, behind the bolts towards the strap peg, so as to set the intonation....If I understand your post, you do not have a separate Bridge, correct ? there is nothing between the STOP-BAR/BRIDGE and the NUT, yes? If this is the case....there should be screws as I mentioned....but if its NOT a GIBSON, then it might not, IDK.....
This makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the reply.
I have tried attaching a photo, but it says the file is too large. Not sure how to reduce picture size.
get a JPEG 'Optimizer' app..it removes pixels from the original picture (and thereby makes the file smaller).......IGTY though, IDK WTF it actually does.....BUT.......its what I use to get pictures to post on websites like ETSG where it is almost impossible to upload a picture.

smitty_p

Reaction score
You can use third-party image editing programs to reduce file size. I use paint.net. I have found that if I reduce an image made with a modern smartphone to 20% of its original size, I never have a hard time uploading an image.

You can do the same thing with Paint 3D on Windows computers. But, make sure you select to "Lock Aspect Ratio" on either program.

AngelDeVille

Reaction score
The $10 eBay special just happens to intonate perfectly.

but the adjustment screws are almost all the way out. And I did have to use the posts that came with it. (Originals not deep enough)

off to the junk drawer…

AngelDeVille

Reaction score

View attachment 48128

Can we see that Jr ?

I honestly didn’t know there was a difference between the badass and the pigtail until now…

I just saw the adjustable saddles and assumed they were the same….

even I can learn something new!

DrBGood

Reaction score
These are interesting with their saddle adjustment reaching behind the posts.

This is weird ... the site won't let me post an Amazon link, US or Canada.
Look for this item:

Wilkinson 52mm(2-3/64 inch) String Spacing Adjustable Pigtail Style Wraparound Bridge Compatible with USA Les Paul/Epiphone Les Paul Junior Style Guitar, Chrome

This one I saw pass by, not available anymore, but it is a beautiful design.
https://reverb.com/item/32937797-ne...s-tone-pros-style-for-guitar-nickel-str-tp6-n

Last edited:

sleazy pot pie

Reaction score
Ok, so I figured out how to resize the pictures.
Thanks to all of the responses.
I am going to see about using a file to take away some of the bridge where it meets the posts. 707EE4A2-C9D3-4746-AFB7-98001E1CD2B2.jpeg A2816D22-3F31-482D-83A6-52BB7F4EB74F.png

Latest posts