Latest Worn G-400 with binding?

Logan

Reaction score
Yep. I'd like them better if the top laminate was closer in looks, to the bevel grain, so it's not that obvious.
I like where the scarf joint is at the base of the headstock, more of a natural transition than in the first ¼ of the neck.
I completely agree, Doc. They shouldn't have veneers in my opinion unless it's a burst where the edges are dark and you can't see the transition, or they match the bevels. I'd rather have a plain Jane than a guitar where the top doesn't match something on the face of the guitar. My Wildkat has that sort of scarf joint too, and it looks decent.

Logan

Reaction score
Looks like it's becoming standard, here's a G-400 Pro:
uspdmjng2eckvrssuxuw.jpg

And a black one:
w43dvfuo1qnwyfgbs87o.jpg

And, all of the lefties on Sweetwater have it too :D:
1705202479-body-large.jpg.auto.webp

Last edited:

SG_ROCKER

Reaction score
Waiting on FedEx to deliver now. That is awesome news to see that Epiphone has finally seen the light on binding. I see a black one in my near future

SG_ROCKER

Reaction score
Arrived! While trying to figure out how to post pics from my phone I’ll give my first impressions. I was surprised to find sharp fets on it. All the Epiphones I’ve played or owned in recent years had really smooth fret ends. These aren’t horrible but they could be better. Compared to my 04 vintage the neck feels beefier. It just doesn’t seem as fast. The pickups in this one are difinately hotter than my vintage but sound good. This looks more like a Gibson compared to the vintage. I don’t want to start another argument about bevels but these look like the ones on a Gibson and I think they look great. Overall I really like it and soon as Sweetwater has the black g400 pro in stock I will be ordering one.

PermissionToLand

Reaction score
Wow, fucking finally! I never imagined the day would come. This is mighty tempting to me now...

PAFHumbucker

Reaction score
It is just a cosmetic thing but damn I love the look of an SG with binding. I hope they continue this moving forward. I never understood why Epi Les Paul's had binding but the SG with a few exceptions went naked.

DrBGood

Reaction score
Did I say Korean ? Why did I say Korean ? Really ? Korean ?
Oh well ... I must be loosing it.

shakey64

Reaction score
Thanks for Fillypino Fried for starting this post! Ive been searching (again) for those 2004 Korean SG's with binding. Sellers on ebay or Reverb are selling them overpriced or usually they have been neglected and bad shape. Until, I came across one today...advertised as NEW...with the binding! I'm thinking what? a mistake? Checked the major music outlets and EPI Home and didn't see anything showing binding on new models. This is great. I'm gonna grab one. Loved the feel of those faded necks and body.

Reaction score
Looks like they're really going all out with it...

Pro models with binding...

binding_by_geometrymathalgebra-dbt7mqn.png

There's also one faded brown G-400 with binding that's up on Sweetwater, so...

KLBI

Reaction score
I went into work on Thursday and had to do a double take. Right there on the wall was a G400 with binding. We received a few of them about a week ago.[GALLERY=media, 1737]IMG_3338 by KLBI posted Nov 12, 2017 at 4:59 AM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 1736]IMG_3337 by KLBI posted Nov 12, 2017 at 4:59 AM[/GALLERY]

joseph07081

Reaction score
I know that it is just a cosmetic thing, but I really could be talked into one of these very easily. Only one of my guitars (Iommi Ltd Edition) has binding and I really love the look.

SG standard

Reaction score
Anyone who says cosmetics don't matter can go buy a square blank of wood with strings, if they really believe that.

I'm pretty sure we're all here because we fell in love with the SG's beautiful curves.

I'd like that post twice over if I could...

I'm guessing Bo Diddley didn't care too much for curves and bevels, and took the advice you're giving:
2410102815_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

:smile: