MIJ sg suggestions

Bettyboo

Reaction score
^

guity.jpg

neckas.jpg

Very nice.

I'm also of the opinion that there are some really nice Japanese SGs out there.

Maybe in the OP's budget is the BurnyRSG55, not made in Japan, but similar price to an Epi and very nice; could be a nice option.

32331.jpg

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/burny/rsg-55_69/index.html

striker

Reaction score
Bettyboo thank's!

Indeed! I just cant put this thing down. Resonates incredibly well, we had a discussion with forum member Dave_Death about the sustain and he offered an idea that the cause of this great sustain might be the unrouted tennon. It is a single piece body so that might help the sustain as well.

jlee

Reaction score
That is a sweet SG Jr.
The single pickup probably has something to do with the sustain as well. No neck pickup magnet to pull on the strings, usually means a bit more output and sustain. It's all cumulative though.

Gibsg

Reaction score
Epi Elite were very good guitars

(Made in Japan)

image-temp-2232-jpg.22481

Kirk Dahnke

Reaction score
A 1990's Burny is my suggestion. The Japanese market seems to be all over the place lately. good deals then you still got the guys wanting $1200 plus $200 shipping. I found a 1990s Burny Black Les Paul Custom for $600 shipped overnight from japan last week. And it rules. the 90s versions seem to be very high quality without the 80s price tag. I found my guitar on eBay BTW, but he was listing on Reverb too. Might have to be patient but they are out there. My LPC is easily as nice as a Gibson. And I've had 6 Gibsons over the years including 2 LPCs and one current SG. My Burny is my favorite LP. Just gotta make sure it was made in Japan and not just sold from Japan. My understanding is around 2000 they started making them in Korea. Nothing really wrong with that but the Japanese are certainly on a different level. My seller was ookini55. He doesnt have a SG currently but he claims to have sold 5000 guitars. I couldnt be happier with the purchase. So maybe message him and see if hes got one coming up for sale. Again he provided free overnight shipping. It was like it came from a UFO from Japan. Almost excessive packaging. Took me forever to get it out of the box.

Last edited:

Kirk Dahnke

Reaction score
These seem to be getting great reviews but are made in China.
https://www.allinoneguitars.com/product-page/aio-asg-wine-red
Apparently these guys will set up a guitar to your specifications, including string gauge. Plus if you look at the specs you can't beat it for the price. Grover tuners, bone nut etc. Last thing you wanna do is spend another $400 at a tech for setup, new pickups, new nut etc. Probably the only thing you'll wanna do is change the pickups at some point but those can be found used very easily on ebay etc. Also I watched this the other day and was impresssed.

Last edited: