My '64 Junior

Bob L

Reaction score
It seems unlikely that the saddle for an unwound G string should be shorter than that for the B string.

njpaulc

Reaction score
The screw itself seems longer, not that it's sticking out more. Did you try removing the screw completly? I have a '69 Special with a wrap tailpiece, and I am in the minority here because I like the Leo Quan Badass tailpiece with adjustable saddles. It's not period correct, but you're playing guitar, not writing a history thesis.

Walrusgumboot

Reaction score
The screw itself seems longer, not that it's sticking out more. Did you try removing the screw completly? I have a '69 Special with a wrap tailpiece, and I am in the minority here because I like the Leo Quan Badass tailpiece with adjustable saddles. It's not period correct, but you're playing guitar, not writing a history thesis.
Yep took the set screw completely out this morning, still not enough. I wanted to keep it looking as original as possible but I'm afraid that's not happening. I'm getting an adjustable wraparound from Pigtail.

DrBGood

Reaction score
Yep took the set screw completely out this morning, still not enough. I wanted to keep it looking as original as possible but I'm afraid that's not happening. I'm getting an adjustable wraparound from Pigtail.
A Pigtail style is way better than the Badass. This one looks great.
https://reverb.com/item/32937797-ne...s-tone-pros-style-for-guitar-nickel-str-tp6-n
Edit: awww ... sold out

Or this Pigtail clone I used
https://www.amazon.com/Musiclily-Tu...&qid=1505693825&sr=8-1&keywords=MX1280CR&th=1

Walrusgumboot

Reaction score

SG John

Reaction score
Bondhus, PB Swiss, Wiha and many other companies make stubby Allen wrench sets. You could always grind yours down to fit. Also, a ball end wrench may work fine for you also.

Latest posts