NAD tomorrow ... or the day after

DrBGood

Reaction score
Sunny tomorrow, so I have to cut a broken tree for firewood as the rest of the week seem rainy .. or snowy. So if all goes well, I might go get it in the aft. If not, Sunday then. Lady will keep it for me.

A nice MIM 2004 Fender Blues Junior she inherited from her dad. She just had it tuned-up with new tubes.

I just this morning returned a recent IV version I had rented for a week. Once plugged into one of my 2X10 or 2X12 cabs, it is a really really nice silky tone machine with my numerous P90 guitars. It might well replace the Marshall Origin.

Annonce.jpg

Last edited:

Huntroll

Reaction score
"It might well replace the Marshall Origin."

Hook them up in series with one of these units -

That sweet el84 sound through the Marshall - really nice !

Hook it on the Fender speaker then connect the Altair line out to the Marshall input.

altairpw5.jpg altairpw5side.jpg

DrBGood

Reaction score
LOL ... thanks for the suggestion. I'm of a minimalist mind. The Blues Jr does run on EL84 and so does my Egnater Rebel 30 (two EL84 and two 6V6 with a mix knob).

The Origin looks cool as hell, it IS a Marshall ! ! ! It's going because I feel it doesn't do anything the Rebel can't do.

DrBGood

Reaction score
Got it this AM. It's a 2004 and it received a full overhaul. 4 new caps, new recent reverb tank and new JJ tubes. So clean it looks like it has never been played. Missing the footswitch, but I have the registering card and too big a cover ... LOL

IMG_4993.JPG

When did they figure the controls were upside down ?
IMG_4992.JPG

Tune-up.jpg

Paul M

Reaction score
I believe the IV Series have the knobs corrected so they are not up side down. My Series III are upside down.

Latest posts