Neck Dve Cure ? Suggesttions ?

Jumpin Joe

Reaction score
Hello All SG Players: Question...

How would you cure an 'SG' STandard that has a slight case of NECK DIVE.....I've seen much worse and the guitar is more than playable, but it does go south from time to time....

How would you Guys/Gals fix this problem ? and more importantly where would you purchase the cure ?

All input/suggesttions are appreciated !

JJ

Go Nigel Go

Reaction score
Agree with all of the above. Also selecting a leather or suede strap (anything with a bit of traction) will make this non issue even more irrelevant.

skelt101

Reaction score
Agree with all of the above. Also selecting a leather or suede strap (anything with a bit of traction) will make this non issue even more irrelevant.
Agreed. Also, if the SG in question has Grover Rotomatic tuners, you might try something lighter weight, e.g. Kluson style.

Jumpin Joe

Reaction score

Great idea, I had a Black Suede strap layin around and after I put some locks on it, VIOLA ! It worked, no more Neck-Dive !

This was not a drastic case of Diver-itis but I had considered a 4-6 ounce doubled plastic bag of BB's in the control pocket or a weighted strap....I would not have bought it if it were a Dive-Bomber....

This particular 'Levy's' Suede backed strap has enough 'Grab' to it and the guitar now stands at attention, like the best of 'em. Never wanting to replace anything, I do prefer to leave my Gibson's 100% Stock, I had not even wanted to change the strap-peg screws..... but I got over that quickly enough.

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE SUGGESTTIONS !!! I appreciate the $#!T out of that, I do ! Thats just ROCKIN !

MR D

Reaction score

ARE those Kluson's the Locking 'Revolutions', I cant tell....but I've heard good things about the new lockers Kluson is making....you like them, yes?

Btw, that Halogram of Les Paul, the guitar is a 2015 ? it looks like a picture of Chairman Mao-Tse Tung doing the salute, yes? What a weird ass thing to put on a guitar...leave IT to Henry J...SMH.

MacDiarmada

Reaction score
I’ve been playing SGs for more than 30 years and never heard of neck dive, what is it? I would have assumed some kind of bowing in the neck that some simple truss rod adjusting would fix.

Tia

Reaction score
Hello All SG Players: Question...

How would you cure an 'SG' STandard that has a slight case of NECK DIVE.....I've seen much worse and the guitar is more than playable, but it does go south from time to time....

How would you Guys/Gals fix this problem ? and more importantly where would you purchase the cure ?

All input/suggesttions are appreciated !

JJ

The easiest cure for the neck dive is a thicker guitar strap. Seriously, the guitar strap it comes with gives a bad neck dive. I don’t have any troubles now using this one.

Attachments

• 582B3525-1565-4C67-BFB9-F08F834D2758.jpeg
    582B3525-1565-4C67-BFB9-F08F834D2758.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 9

john A

Reaction score
take it in. swap for an sg that doesnt dive bomb.. with a lighter neck.. good god, no, dont put b b s in the control cavity.or anything else for that matter...

Latest posts