New Amp.

Alanbama

Reaction score
I ordered a Headrush FRFR-108 powered amp from zZounds and it’s arriving tomorrow. I just got a new Boss GX-100 multi effects processor pedal and I’ve already used it through our PA. It sounds fantastic! I simply love it! At home I’ve been using headphones but now I’ll have a PA type cabinet to use for practice and fun. I’ll let you all know how I like it and all. I’ll post some pics too. I’ve been using a Peavey Valve King for several years and various tube amps before that. I never thought that I would like modeling pedals but it sounds great and you can’t beat the portability. I’ve gotten to old to lug heavy equipment around! :h5:

Last edited:

Alanbama

Reaction score
OMG!!! Yes I got my new amplified speaker today! I am totally blown away by this little monster! I didn’t think that it could possibly sound as good as my high dollar Sony headphones but it does. It makes my modeler pedal sound just like I programmed it to with enough volume to fill a large venue. I haven’t even touched the amount of power this thing has! With 2000 watts peak, I can’t turn it up past 1/3 volume with my pedal turned down to 1/4 volume! And my ears are still ringing! I’m already thinking of the stereo sound that I could get if I get another one. It only weighs 20 lbs. this setup is perfect for me to gig with. Nothing heavy at all. Guy’s I’m serious. This beast is awesome! I haven’t taken the time to take pic’s yet but I have a couple from the web for you. I want to post pics of my whole setup including guitar very soon. I’ve been to busy playing! Talk soon. 79F43D38-9B89-4B4D-90D9-98A7ABBFF109.jpeg 72620B67-C16F-42AF-A268-EEFCADB0136A.jpeg

Alanbama

Reaction score
Well everyone I bought another 108. Now I can run my GX-100 in stereo! It sounds fantastic that way too. I got a drum machine that I also run through them and it sounds great too! I didn’t realize how much bass these 108’s have! It’s an amazing amount! It is a great practice setup anyway. The drum machine has bass guitar in it which sounds pretty convincing.