New Member - 2014 GC Exclusive 61 Reissue - Champagne Silver

trogdor

Reaction score
Hi All -

New user here. I bought a Champagne Silver 2014 Guitar Center Exclusive 61 Reissue SG several years ago. It is a fantastic guitar and looks cool as hell. However, it very rarely gets played outside the house. I only play at church (normally twice a month) and, when I do, my go-to guitars are either a Les Paul or my Fender John Mayer Strat.

I have looked around the interwebs and haven't been able to find too much about these particular SGs. Does anybody have an idea of what I could expect to get in return for this guitar if I decide to move on from it? It's in great shape with the only 'issue' I know of being some belt buckle type scratches on the back. Not too deep, but noticeable when the light his it.

I haven't decided to move this guitar yet, but may part with it and a couple of others to build funds in case a collectable guitar I have wanted for years comes available.

Thanks!

3bolt79

Reaction score
Hi All -

New user here. I bought a Champagne Silver 2014 Guitar Center Exclusive 61 Reissue SG several years ago. It is a fantastic guitar and looks cool as hell. However, it very rarely gets played outside the house. I only play at church (normally twice a month) and, when I do, my go-to guitars are either a Les Paul or my Fender John Mayer Strat.

I have looked around the interwebs and haven't been able to find too much about these particular SGs. Does anybody have an idea of what I could expect to get in return for this guitar if I decide to move on from it? It's in great shape with the only 'issue' I know of being some belt buckle type scratches on the back. Not too deep, but noticeable when the light his it.

I haven't decided to move this guitar yet, but may part with it and a couple of others to build funds in case a collectable guitar I have wanted for years comes available.

Thanks!

I would say that GC would probably give you about a grand, maybe a less. Post some pics that show Condition.

trogdor

Reaction score
I would say that GC would probably give you about a grand, maybe a less. Post some pics that show Condition.
In tried to post a pic earlier. Looks like I failed. I'll circle back with a pic.

An Abiding Dude

Reaction score
Hi All -

Thanks!
Think of a trade-in at GC as a last resort and only if they have a guitar you absolutely must have right now. You're way better off selling on Reverb (they take a bite, but you get to set your price) or Craigslist even though it may be more of a hassle in the long run (i.e shipping or having to drive across town to meet a stranger), but you'll probably end up with close to double the money you'd get from a GC offer.

trogdor

Reaction score
Think of a trade-in at GC as a last resort and only if they have a guitar you absolutely must have right now. You're way better off selling on Reverb (they take a bite, but you get to set your price) or Craigslist even though it may be more of a hassle in the long run (i.e shipping or having to drive across town to meet a stranger), but you'll probably end up with close to double the money you'd get from a GC offer.
Agreed. Selling to GC is not an option. haha. I may make myself take the SG next week to church (depending on the song list) to see how we get along again. Still haven't made a decision about whether to move on from it or not.

Latest posts