New Tuning machines on my new 1961 Les Paul SG Standard

Alanbama

Reaction score
I put new tuning machines on my new SG. They are the Kluson Revolution tuners. I had to drill the holes out to 25/64” but after that they fit perfectly. I have never messed with press in bushings like the ones that were on the original tuners so I knocked them out from the back with a small screwdriver. Don’t do that! I chipped the finish around the hole’s on a couple of them. That made me sick but I think I can touch it up with some flat or matte black paint. Oh well, otherwise it was a very easy install. I really like them a lot. They are so smooth and accurate. It’s easier to fine tune my guitar because they have a little bit higher gear ratio. They look great too. I really can’t tell that they add any weight to the headstock. No more neck dive than usual. So far I’m very happy with them. 7473F426-82F8-4998-BE0D-43B238527908.jpeg 644846C6-E4AB-486E-B048-99C312F59343.jpeg

papagayo

Reaction score
The KLUSON Revolution are incredible tuners, they are light weight, the knobs are very smooth, high 1/19 ratio, the best tuners for an SG imho. I installed a set on this SG when I removed the GForce, awesome.

SG Standard TBK 214.jpg

3bolt79

Reaction score
I put new tuning machines on my new SG. They are the Kluson Revolution tuners. I had to drill the holes out to 25/64” but after that they fit perfectly. I have never messed with press in bushings like the ones that were on the original tuners so I knocked them out from the back with a small screwdriver. Don’t do that! I chipped the finish around the hole’s on a couple of them. That made me sick but I think I can touch it up with some flat or matte black paint. Oh well, otherwise it was a very easy install. I really like them a lot. They are so smooth and accurate. It’s easier to fine tune my guitar because they have a little bit higher gear ratio. They look great too. I really can’t tell that they add any weight to the headstock. No more neck dive than usual. So far I’m very happy with them. View attachment 48433 View attachment 48434
Sorry to hear about the damage.

papagayo

Reaction score
Yeah those Tronical tuners are an abomination.

The TRONICAL GForce tuners worked very well but the problem is the weight, Ok on a Les Paul but neck dive problem on an SG.

Schaller Deluxe vs Kluson Deluxe vs Kluson Revolution, the lightest are KLUSON Revolution, smooth knobs, high ratio. And the winner are... KLUSON Revolution !

SG Standard TBK 190.jpg

Decadent Dan

Reaction score
The TRONICAL GForce tuners worked very well but the problem is the weight, Ok on a Les Paul but neck dive problem on an SG.

Schaller Deluxe vs Kluson Deluxe vs Kluson Revolution, the lightest are KLUSON Revolution, smooth knobs, high ratio. And the winner are... KLUSON Revolution !

View attachment 48448
From what I’m finding online, the Revolutions each weigh 1 gram more (6 grams total per set) than regular Kluson.
Did you actually weigh yours or what?

papagayo

Reaction score
Yes, I weight my set. The "body" of KLUSON Revolution are made of very light aluminium alloy.

SG Standard TBK 6 2.jpg

Latest posts