NGD Epiphone SG Classic Worn P90

Knucklehead71

Reaction score
I just picked up this beauty. I've never had a guitar with P90s, so I figured I'd give it a try. The tuners are trash, and the fretwork was very bad. Lots of high frets. I did a level, crown and polish right away. The guitar plays really nice now and I like the neck. I'll be replacing the tuners when I get around to it.

I don't think I'm a fan of the P90s at all, so I'm going to get a replacement pickguard and put some HBs in there.

f1ltty4.jpeg

DrBGood

Reaction score
I just picked up this beauty. I've never had a guitar with P90s, so I figured I'd give it a try. The tuners are trash, and the fretwork was very bad. Lots of high frets. I did a level, crown and polish right away. The guitar plays really nice now and I like the neck. I'll be replacing the tuners when I get around to it.

I don't think I'm a fan of the P90s at all, so I'm going to get a replacement pickguard and put some HBs in there.

f1ltty4.jpeg
A beauty !

You just got it, give the P90s a chance. What don't you like about them ?

Knucklehead71

Reaction score
A beauty !

You just got it, give the P90s a chance. What don't you like about them ?
They're noisy, they don't have the thickness of humbuckers, or enough output for my liking. Others have told me that Epiphone P90s are not much good, and I should try swapping them out. I'd rather swap them out with some HBs that I know I like instead of wasting time trying out a bunch of different p90s.

I'll probably put in a set of Seymour Duncan Seth Lovers (worth more than the guitar 🤣) or a set of Tonerider Alnico II Classics.

An Abiding Dude

Reaction score

Decadent Dan

Reaction score
Check these out first before committing to a hum bucker.

I put these in my '08 Gibson Classic and they sound friggin' awesome!
Aren’t those like the Gibson P90H Sidewinder, 2 coils sideways creating a… humbucker?

87EEF013-1FE1-46BB-9402-E3A6C6450429.jpeg

cerebral gasket

Reaction score
Try a Humbucker at the bridge for hi gain use and a P-90 at the neck for cleans.

Latest posts