NGD Gibson Flying V

Go Nigel Go

Reaction score
I had zero interest in a flying V until I saw one in real life. They look MUCH better in person, and now I want one.

Go Nigel Go

Reaction score
:lol:
Yes, I can't promise it will be an issue for everyone, but the danger does exist.

AngelDeVille

Reaction score
Shh.. don’t tell anyone about how easy they are to play…

I like them better than SG’s…

PermissionToLand

Reaction score
What's the deal with the pickup covers? Are they black chrome or like burnished or something? Very cool axe.

Von Trapp

Reaction score
They say women go crazy bout a sharp dressed man, but EVERYONE goes crazy bout a V!

plankton

Reaction score
V's are great, I have two and they're right up there with my SG's as favourites. So comfortable to play and they look awesome!

Shh.. don’t tell anyone about how easy they are to play…

I like them better than SG’s…

Hey Angel, I have a very similar Hamer Vector. Is yours a US model or one of the newer Indonesian ones?

Håkon

Reaction score
V’s are awsome. I never really thought i wanted one, but after getting mine its kind of become the guitar i pick up first.
Once getting used to tue tecnique sitting down, its great! And easy standing up. Light and flat. And so easy fret access all over! Underastinated guitar (although i have a cheaper Gibson Satin)

congrats! Yours are awsome. I am on the lookout for a 67 reissue atm.

Attachments

• 0086E571-18A8-49D3-A09B-063892459CF7.jpeg
    0086E571-18A8-49D3-A09B-063892459CF7.jpeg
    618 KB · Views: 7

MR D

Reaction score
This is a Guitar Center limited-edition. It has a mirror pick guard and Dirty Fingers pickups. This guitar plays and sounds amazing. The QC on this was 100% perfect.

View attachment 46630

Congratulations, thats frikkin ROCKIN' !
WOW, NICE ONE, looks soooo BAD-A$$$....
Up until 4-5 months ago I had never touched or played a GIBSON Flying 'V', now that I got one...its the only guitar I want to play ! I'd have gone thru 20 by now had I not picked up an SG first.

MR D

Reaction score
This is a Guitar Center limited-edition. It has a mirror pick guard and Dirty Fingers pickups. This guitar plays and sounds amazing. The QC on this was 100% perfect.

View attachment 46630
WOW, I was going to buy this model, made for Guitar Center EXCLUSIVE.....BUT BUT BUT...the GC near me got the Guitar from GIBSON w/496R & 498T PICKUP'S....IF THE GUITAR HAD HAD 'DIRTY FINGERS' PICKUP'S IN IT, IT WOULD HAVE COME HOME WITH ME STRAIGHT AWAY..to replace the 490 series pickup's, and keep the guitar 100% STOCK GIBSON product, w/GIBSON Pickups would be at least $400 (for a pair of '57 Classic's and a wiring job if they dont come with qwick-connects) and there goes the decent price I would be getting on the guitar....so, I had to pass....

and that sucks because now I kno, depending what part of the USA players are in, this Guitar is at the local GC and the pickup's in them vary from area to area...or so it seems...

noah76

Reaction score
WOW, I was going to buy this model, made for Guitar Center EXCLUSIVE.....BUT BUT BUT...the GC near me got the Guitar from GIBSON w/496R & 498T PICKUP'S....IF THE GUITAR HAD HAD 'DIRTY FINGERS' PICKUP'S IN IT, IT WOULD HAVE COME HOME WITH ME STRAIGHT AWAY..to replace the 490 series pickup's, and keep the guitar 100% STOCK GIBSON product, w/GIBSON Pickups would be at least $400 (for a pair of '57 Classic's and a wiring job if they dont come with qwick-connects) and there goes the decent price I would be getting on the guitar....so, I had to pass....

and that sucks because now I kno, depending what part of the USA players are in, this Guitar is at the local GC and the pickup's in them vary from area to area...or so it seems...
The GC ad was a misprint. It was the 496/500 pickups..

MR D

Reaction score
The GC ad was a misprint. It was the 496/500 pickups..
LOL ! That settles that, NICE ONE !! I had my eye on that one...I ended up getting the '70's Tribute 'V' model, in WHITE instead because of the '70's tribute Alnico 5 Magnet Hum-Buckers...HEAVINESS !!!...it is sooo BAD-A$$ ! If I had played a Flying V before I played an SG, I might have 5 Flying V's and one SG now , instead of the other way around !

CHEERS !

BTW, looking at that ad, u cant really tell its a mirrored Pick-Guard, yes?

noah76

Reaction score
LOL ! That settles that, NICE ONE !! I had my eye on that one...I ended up getting the '70's Tribute 'V' model, in WHITE instead because of the '70's tribute Alnico 5 Magnet Hum-Buckers...HEAVINESS !!!...it is sooo BAD-A$$ ! If I had played a Flying V before I played an SG, I might have 5 Flying V's and one SG now , instead of the other way around !

CHEERS !

BTW, looking at that ad, u cant really tell its a mirrored Pick-Guard, yes?
Yeah it looked white.

papagayo

Reaction score
The Flying Veeee is a pure beauty, congratulations my friend! 👍
Is the finish oxblood or ebony?

Latest posts