NGD SG jr

zebra

Reaction score
Picked up a new SG jr the other day. Built in late April of 2022. A294B69D-DF3A-41AB-A3B5-B97C7EC49633.jpeg The body is a very vibrant red with a decently dark fretboard that has some red streaks (they are much more red in person) running through. Guitar is insanely light, I don’t have a scale but it makes my 6 lbs SG 61’ feel heavy. Since the body is so light the neck dive is insane, however since it’s so light any strap with some grip (I have original fuzz strap with cotton backing) has no problem keeping it where you put it. Neck is slim taper, but has much more girth than my 61’, much closer to the round profile. The shape is a bit odd, but after a couple days with it I find it very comfortable.

I’ve had a ton of single coil and humbucker guitars but this is my first experience with p90s. I don’t know what I expected, but they are a wonderful middle ground between the two. The guitar barks like a proper SG, but retains some of the finer dynamic control single coils provide.
I brought both my 61 SG and the jr to rehearsal the other day and the jr absolutely slayed.

I originally picked this up so I could leave it in an open tuning for slide, but after hearing and playing it (it’s extremely comfortable) at rehearsal it might become my main.

3bolt79

Reaction score
That looks sweet. Congrats on a fine new guitar.

No Talent

Reaction score
I bought a Gibson SG Junior at the end of 2020 since it was one of my bucket list guitars at the time. It is currently my only Gibson and only SG. My other guitar is a MIM Telecaster with roasted maple neck I pieced together a few months after I bought the SG.

I have to be honest, there's been a couple times I was tempted to sell the SG Junior and buy a Les Paul or semi-hollow but every time I open the case and pick it up I just can't follow through and end up loving it all over again.

Latest posts