NSGD

old_metal_head

Reaction score
Around 1977 I picked up my first guitar from a pawn shop on the North Side of Pittsburgh with the money I saved from a summers worth of lawn mowing. It was an import SG that I barely remember.
Fast forward - many guitars have come and gone but never another SG. Until today!
SG.jpg
I just tuned it up and can't wat to plug it in after work.

old_metal_head

Reaction score
OOAH ! Those are deep bevels ! And I love the streak in the grain.
Too bad it has to go back. I was playing some Sabbath and AC/DC after work when I noticed it was unstable. When closer inspected I found the neck pocket cracked.

IMG_1452.JPG
IMG_1453.JPG
*SIGH* It is so nice...

DrBGood

Reaction score
Possible to get an estimate on resetting the neck and ask for that amount to seller to keep it ?

PermissionToLand

Reaction score
That could even just be finish cracking. Take it to a local shop and have a luthier inspect it.

In any case, I don't think it would need to be fully re-set. I had a guitar with some separation and cracking around the fretboard/neck area and my local luthier just used a syringe to inject glue into the crack and clamped it.

I'd just ask for some money back from the seller and keep it. It will only be stronger after a repair than it was from the factory.

old_metal_head

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the seller to figure out what the want to do. They are blaming FedEx but FedEx will just say they needed to pack it better.

Latest posts