Roller Bridge for Vibrola / Vibrato

Greg Connor

Reaction score
I just replaced a bridge with a Roller Bridge on my Gretsch with Bigsby. Now I’m thinking about getting a Roller Bridge for my SG with vibrato.

Anyone here have experience with Roller Bridges?

papagayo

Reaction score
You have experience with roller bridge ...

Hum.. Sorry!

MR D

Reaction score
I just replaced a bridge with a Roller Bridge on my Gretsch with Bigsby. Now I’m thinking about getting a Roller Bridge for my SG with vibrato.

Anyone here have experience with Roller Bridges?
Not a whole lot BUT.....I can say.....DO NOT get a Stew Mac 'Golden Eagle' Roller-Bridge, they are a TONE KILLING POS..... the two I bought anyway !!!
Those RB's came off my SG's almost as fast as they went on, they did ! POS !!!

They are now dust gathering paper-weights, useless as the day is long.

living room rocker

Reaction score
Really like mine. Got an Epi 400 fitted with one......no vibrato, regular tailpiece. Had mod fever at the time and didn't wanna file slots in a regular tune-o-matic. I didn't notice any sustain or tone loss but I'm not one to split hairs. Replaced the nut too with a Graph Tech......keeps excellent tune. Went with a Schaller roller bridge from Stew Mac. A simple drop-in with adjustments for intonation and string spacing. Lots of good reviews on Stew Mac.

Greg Connor

Reaction score
Thanks guys,
I like to keep my guitars as “stock“ as possible but I also like to get the most out of my instruments. The Roller Bridge really helped my Gretsch w/Bigsby, and I expect that my SG with Vibrato would stay in tune a little better.

papagayo

Reaction score
The Bigsby B7 with Vibramate works very well with a nice looking SG IMHO. and it' s reversible.

Temp 48014.JPG