Karlos Screamer

Reaction score
WOW !What did he use to cut it ?
You don't want those screws too tight.
No idea about what he use but is cut perfectly. The screws are tight enough and without any problem! BTW I hope not to break the pickguard otherwise I'll have seven years of bad luck :lol:

Daniel.S

Reaction score
I was looking for a mirror one for a while, but found someone here in Aus who makes these guards from stainless steel and then polishes them to a mirror finish.
They’re thinner than the stock one, but look awesome. (I know I already posted mine) :D

SG John

Reaction score
This is my '69 Standard. I could not deal with the Lyre going out of tune, even though I loved the look of it. I made a nice little stainless steel tailpiece that uses all the original holes in the body, and Lyre cover. Being a machinist forever has it's benefits. Granted, I did this around '95.

I also made some heavy duty studs that are longer than the normal Gibson studs for the Nashville bridge. I couldn't deal with the neck angle constantly pulling the little 6-32 threaded rods over under the ABR-1 bridge. It's stable now, and sounds killer. I've been playing it this way over twenty years.

IMG_0134.JPG

Karlos Screamer

Reaction score
This is my '69 Standard. I could not deal with the Lyre going out of tune, even though I loved the look of it. I made a nice little stainless steel tailpiece that uses all the original holes in the body, and Lyre cover. Being a machinist forever has it's benefits. Granted, I did this around '95.

I also made some heavy duty studs that are longer than the normal Gibson studs for the Nashville bridge. I couldn't deal with the neck angle constantly pulling the little 6-32 threaded rods over under the ABR-1 bridge. It's stable now, and sounds killer. I've been playing it this way over twenty years.

View attachment 31210
Cool!

515who

Reaction score
Well, I started with this bare bones SGJ
DSC04986_zps8xzbziap.jpg

Gave it a gloss lacquer overspray.
DSC05002_zpstoy4wmr6.jpg

Then routed it for P90's, added a full pickguard to hide the overlapping routs, and tossed on a Bigsby B7 & roller bridge.
DSC05172_zps8slrje3w.jpg

But I wasn't done yet. Ended up routing a bit more and added another P90 along with a 5 ply pickguard.
DSC05782_zps5egyargg.jpg

And there we have it. A gloss finish SGJ with a trio of Lollar P90's and a Bigsby.
Can never have too many P90s

PAFHumbucker

Reaction score
My 2012 SG Special Humbucker. I had P94s in it but a batwing pickguard screams to me soapbar pickups. So I did a bit of routing and installed some GFS soapbar humbuckers. So I went from humbucker sized P90s to P90 sized humbuckers.

With the P94s.

jrCTOT1l.jpg

With the P90 size humbuckers.

REh55Vpl.jpg

I did a stealth mod and swapped out the bridge with a Graphtech Ghost piezo bridge. There is a little route under the pickguard that is the perfect size for the Acousti-Phonic preamp board. I drilled a hole right under the bridge and had to route a small channel to the pickup cavity for the wires. The neck tone control is now the volume control for the piezo bridge. Here she is with the new bridge. Look no wires!

KlLURVpl.jpg

CpgrHDMl.jpg

mRchEHVl.jpg

iA3h0ELl.jpg

I didn't want to deal with unscrewing the control cavity plate to replace a 9v battery so I was able to fit a Fishman battery pack and charger in the cavity. I did have to use dime size pots to make everything fit.

ItHjIPxl.jpg

papagayo

Reaction score
2015 SG Standard Ltd
  • KLUSON Revolution tuners (GForce removed)
  • Les Paul Historic trussrod cover
  • GraphTech TUSQXL adjustable nut
  • Les Paul tenon cover
  • 5 ply 60° bevel pickguard
  • Wizz M-69 humbucker rings
  • Historic Switchcraft tip, heavy knurled Switchcraft nut
  • Gibson ABR-1 Bridge, with black adapters
  • Vintage repro knobs

sg-standard-tbk-217-jpg.38295

ezypikins

Reaction score
1967 SG Standard Pics were taken on my old flip phone in 2006