Special NGD

Huntroll

Reaction score
People really need to get over the notion that all stuff made in China is poor quality.
I worked shoulder to shoulder with a guy from China for years, he had the utmost integrity and honor.
The Epiphone SG's I recently purchased are fantastic !

An Abiding Dude

Reaction score
People really need to get over the notion that all stuff made in China is poor quality.
I worked shoulder to shoulder with a guy from China for years, he had the utmost integrity and honor.
Yeah, all kinds of weird politics going on with China right now. I think there is a "Walmart" mentality toward Chinese made products, that is, cheap and inferior, that informs people's choices. A lot of good buzz around Epiphone these days though. Although there is nothing wrong with supporting our domestic market and keeping American money supporting American workers, throughout history Chinese artisans have been some of the finest in the world.

Colnago

Reaction score
I made it pretty clear in my other post that the quality of the jack in the guitar was poor and that the better one is made in the same country and is better quality. Nothing to do with the country of origin and everything to do with the quality they chose to put in the guitar in an area never to be seen by a regular consumer.
One costs a dollar and the other a dollar twenty five. Cheapo Gibson at it again.
Chinese products typically are very good, you still need to pay for quality though. Same can be said for every country around the world.

MR D

Reaction score
I made it pretty clear in my other post that the quality of the jack in the guitar was poor and that the better one is made in the same country and is better quality. Nothing to do with the country of origin and everything to do with the quality they chose to put in the guitar in an area never to be seen by a regular consumer.
One costs a dollar and the other a dollar twenty five. Cheapo Gibson at it again.
Chinese products typically are very good, you still need to pay for quality though. Same can be said for every country around the world.

GIBSON pulls some really cheapskate moves...and it seems constant, for as long as I have been buying/playing their guitars. I agree though, you must pay for top notch quality.
One thing I will say for Chinese products is that their designs are usually (ALWAYS) inferior to Western designs. I have lived there and Chinese people think differently, have a different world-view and see almost everything differently(excepting colours) than Westerners......I could name several things, in great detail, but it would take an hour to type it....
As one quik example: I once saw a 25-30 yr old Chinese guy (in 2012) that wanted the water to flow out of a hose FASTER ! You might think, no problem, turn the water spiket on full blast to get the water to run out of the hose faster, yes? BUT NO, what did this Chinese man DO ? He cut the fuckin hose in half (and ruined the hose)...I was standing right there and could not frikkin believe that is what the Chinese Guy came up with as a solution to a simple problem. (I actually laughed my ass off, HOLY $#!T did I !). AIS I could go on and on, but suffice to say, and from a significant experience of living there...Western designs are usually (ALWAYS) far superior to Chinese ones, at least on every single product I have seen and actually bought inside the country of CHINA and in comparison to the same product thats similar in price (ever see a Chinese made MUSTANG? OMG, I've seen the fenders actually fall off, this due to vibrations!)...BUT But but designed by a Westerner..... and sold right beside the Chinese designed product. I say "usually" above (ALWAYS) because someone will surely come up with maybe one product that is just as good that the Chinese designed....However, I have yet to see that product.

Decadent Dan

Reaction score
…. I once saw a 25-30 yr old Chinese guy (in 2012) that wanted the water to flow out of a hose FASTER ! You might think, no problem, turn the water spiket on full blast to get the water to run out of the hose faster, yes? BUT NO, what did this Chinese man DO ? He cut the fuckin hose in half (and ruined the hose)...I was standing right there and could not frikkin believe that is what the Chinese Guy came up with as a solution to a simple problem. (I actually laughed my ass off, HOLY $#!T did I !). ….

That reminds me of some educated idiots in the US. You can’t fix Stupid.

Go Nigel Go

Reaction score
I'm just going to come right out and say it, the very definition of prejudice is applying a specific observation of an individual or several individuals more broadly to an entire group or population. If I were to take the accumulated stupidity of some Americans and apply them to you (and me and everyone else in the country), none of us will come off looking very good ourselves. I mean, an American woman this year tried to flush the remains of her thanksgiving turkey carcass down the toilet for a start...

I'm going to stop short of more stringent language only in the interest of decorum, but seriously, I think you need to check yourself before making these sweeping statements, especially if you don't mean them like they sound, because it doesn't sound good.

Sometimes even very smart people do stupid things, but it is a dangerous logical fallacy to make broad generalizations even about that individual based on one action. It is even worse to collect all the isolated stupid things done by everyone in a group, race, or society and apply the blame equally to everyone in that society. None of us is going to come off looking very good if we encourage such unfair generalizations and let prejudicial statements go unanswered.

MR D

Reaction score
That reminds me of some educated idiots in the US. You can’t fix Stupid.

You do not know I am an AMERICAN, u kno next to nothing about me...and please, show me a chinese designed /manufactured product that is better than a comparably priced western designed/manufactured same product......

Gas furnaces, Mustang GT's, Corvettes, Washer or Dryer, Dishwasher, Air Conditioners, Bicycles..... I could go on for months, all stuff that used to be made in USA is just designed in USA now...so, go ahead, i'll wait (no, I actually wont, but...)

I have lived in China/S E Asia, still have a place in fact, and what I stated is not racism, its just a fact...I have seen it with my own eyes, over multiple decades...the example I gave above , happened to be ONE of the funnier examples I could remember off hand...... but that IS JUST ONE of many I could have used.......and, btw, that one happened to be pretty fuckin funny, and yes, I laughed my fuckin' ass off, and there was nothing racist about it.

try not to confuse facts, ACTUAL FACTS, from real life experiences with whatever you think is reality....and seriously, have you ever lived in China? and seen the local brands ?and when you did live in China: did you compare local chinese brands, of comparable cost, to USA Brand made/designed or even EU made/designed products? WELL DID YOU ? if you have, tell us all about it, as I just have....and refute what I said with some facts...if you can't...and I will bet you cant......but I am not going to insult you. I can get a point across without doing that.

Just the facts too, no opinions about whatever the **** you think ....FACTS.. Names of actual products you compared, and how much better they were/are...maybe a guitar of some sort, eh ?.......TICK, TICK, TICK.......

MR D

Reaction score
I'm just going to come right out and say it, the very definition of prejudice is applying a specific observation of an individual or several individuals more broadly to an entire group or population. If I were to take the accumulated stupidity of some Americans and apply them to you (and me and everyone else in the country), none of us will come off looking very good ourselves. I mean, an American woman this year tried to flush the remains of her thanksgiving turkey carcass down the toilet for a start...

I'm going to stop short of more stringent language only in the interest of decorum, but seriously, I think you need to check yourself before making these sweeping statements, especially if you don't mean them like they sound, because it doesn't sound good.

Sometimes even very smart people do stupid things, but it is a dangerous logical fallacy to make broad generalizations even about that individual based on one action. It is even worse to collect all the isolated stupid things done by everyone in a group, race, or society and apply the blame equally to everyone in that society. None of us is going to come off looking very good if we encourage such unfair generalizations and let prejudicial statements go unanswered.

OH FUCKIN NO, see my last comment coz I aint repeating it. There was nothing predjudiced in what I stated, just factual observations over the course of at least 20 years.....you might not like what I said, as you maybe misunderstand it.....CHINA amd its people are really industrious, but, if the USA and EU had not given CHINA all the jobs that used to be in the USA/EU, and all the technology that went along with those jobs.....do you think they'd be the leading economy in the world after only 25 years?

and BTW, when was the last time you were in Beijing and drove a Chinese MUSTANG? THEY HAVE 'EM, as well as real FORD MUSTANGS (FORD sells more cars in China than they do in the USA, BTW) and the joke would be on you if you bought one too...... TELL US how long you lived there, and all about how great the Chinese designed products you bought were (what were they exactly ?), how none of them broke after 30 days or even minutes. C'mon, bro, its your turn.......Have at it.....

Decadent Dan

Reaction score
You do not know I am an AMERICAN, u kno next to nothing about me...and please, show me a chinese designed /manufactured product that is better than a comparably priced western designed/manufactured same product......

Gas furnaces, Mustang GT's, Corvettes, Washer or Dryer, Dishwasher, Air Conditioners, Bicycles..... I could go on for months, all stuff that used to be made in USA is just designed in USA now...so, go ahead, i'll wait (no, I actually wont, but...)

I have lived in China/S E Asia, still have a place in fact, and what I stated is not racism, its just a fact...I have seen it with my own eyes, over multiple decades...the example I gave above , happened to be ONE of the funnier examples I could remember off hand...... but that IS JUST ONE of many I could have used.......and, btw, that one happened to be pretty fuckin funny, and yes, I laughed my fuckin' ass off, and there was nothing racist about it.

try not to confuse facts, ACTUAL FACTS, from real life experiences with whatever you think is reality....and seriously, have you ever lived in China? and seen the local brands ?and when you did live in China: did you compare local chinese brands, of comparable cost, to USA Brand made/designed or even EU made/designed products? WELL DID YOU ? if you have, tell us all about it, as I just have....and refute what I said with some facts...if you can't...and I will bet you cant......but I am not going to insult you. I can get a point across without doing that.

Just the facts too, no opinions about whatever the **** you think ....FACTS.. Names of actual products you compared, and how much better they were/are...maybe a guitar of some sort, eh ?.......TICK, TICK, TICK.......

1 I’m US too
2 It’s not about you
3 It’s not about China
4 You can’t fix stupid

Decadent Dan

Reaction score
It is assembled by the Chinese. The blueprint, crystal, specialized parts and processors from the US, display panels, chipsets and memory from Japan, Korea and Taiwan, gyroscope from Europe and rare earth minerals from Mongolia all come together in China.

MR D

Reaction score
1 I’m US too
2 It’s not about you
3 It’s not about China
4 You can’t fix stupid

Right, right, but IDK about #4, education seems to be a great remedy for the eradication of stoopiditee ! I took the Evelyn Woodhead spiid reeding course and it helped me graduate from a institutional rehabilitation program w/flying colours......Of course, the 'cid helped considerably.

Different cultures approach/see/do some things differently is what I should have just blurted out, instead of being long-winded, my bad.....

Latest posts