Strap locks for SG

krb813

Reaction score
I just got an Epiphone SG Standard. Do any of you nice people use strap locks on a SG?

Col Mustard

Reaction score
Welcome to ETSG!

Lots of members use strap locks, and there are various types
of gear that will keep your guitar from falling off you when you
aren't expecting it.
Let me tell you about the simplest and most fun:
The Grolsch Beer bottle grommet.

Feast your eyes on my SG, and then note the red grommet
holding my strap securely...
Luna 2022 rear@100.jpeg
Here's a closeup photo
Luna 2022 strap lock@100.jpeg
You buy a four pack of Grolsch Beer (It's Amsterdam Dutch or
Rotterdam Dutch or some damn Dutch) and it's really good beer.
Enjoy one of the beers and use the grommet to secure your strap.

Note that Sweetwater and also Musician's friend sell these kind of
grommets too. But the Rock an Roll approved version is the one you get from your bottle of Grolsch.

You can spend a lot more money on Strap Locks made by guitar accessory companies, and those contraptions will dig you in the
belly or the hip bone. So I like the red grommet. They don't wear out and they won't come off until you pull them off.
rearview thumbfest2.jpg

TChalms

Reaction score
Yep! I can't find Grolsch Beer locally, so the package of rubber grommets works just fine.

Von Trapp

Reaction score
This

Attachments

• KGrHqNlME5ZHW52MEBOYcUu1pQ60_318366.jpg
    KGrHqNlME5ZHW52MEBOYcUu1pQ60_318366.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 11

plankton

Reaction score
I use strap locks on most of my guitars. I find there are a few where I don't trust the Grolsch rubber washer method, and the SG is one of them. I use Loxx strap locks on my SGs, they are very secure but release easily, and they are also the lowest profile ones you can get.

3bolt79

Reaction score
I just got an Epiphone SG Standard. Do any of you nice people use strap locks on a SG?

‘I used to, but now I use a Lock It leather strap. Works great with Les Paul’s and SG’s

3bolt79

Reaction score
I use strap locks on most of my guitars. I find there are a few where I don't trust the Grolsch rubber washer method, and the SG is one of them. I use Loxx strap locks on my SGs, they are very secure but release easily, and they are also the lowest profile ones you can get.
Gotta pic?

Hector

Reaction score

Hector

Reaction score

I had never heard of them up until now. It's a German company making them for all sorts of applications (cars, boats etc). It seems they are not expensive either.

plankton

Reaction score
Yes, they were designed to attach bimini covers on boats and rag tops to cars, so they can withstand lots more force than we'd ever put on them. The are also less expensive than the other popular name-brand locks. The only thing you need to get used to is the little metal nipple sticking out of your guitar.

TChalms

Reaction score
Another option is the Lock-It straps. Other brands have similar ideas, but I have a Lock-It strap on one of my guitars. And yes, it locks really well on a very normal strap button. Sweetwater has them, but I suppose they are available elsewhere.

Von Trapp

Reaction score
Another option is the Lock-It straps. Other brands have similar ideas, but I have a Lock-It strap on one of my guitars. And yes, it locks really well on a very normal strap button. Sweetwater has them, but I suppose they are available elsewhere.
Ok, that's damned clever! But if you have different straps for different guitars I still recommend the ones I posted earlier, it's really all you need. Here's a better pic

Attachments

• d-addario-planet-waves-elliptical-guitar-end-pins-nickel-chrome-pweep202-[2]-1191-p.jpg
    d-addario-planet-waves-elliptical-guitar-end-pins-nickel-chrome-pweep202-[2]-1191-p.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 13

TChalms

Reaction score
The Lock-It straps are easy to move from one guitar to another, and the really nice thing is that there is no need to change the strap buttons.

papagayo

Reaction score
:cheers:

:thumb:

images

laza616

Reaction score
I have seen Fender offering "replica" Grolsch grommets, usually in packets of 4 for expensive.

I say expensive as just about any home brew shop will likely offer these for cheap. Here is a US store selling them in packets of 20 for $ 2.79: https://www.midwestsupplies.com/collections/beer-bottles/products/grolsch-gaskets
I have this on two of my SGs and i am satisfied. They dont fit thicker leather straps.
For this i have Dunlop StrapLok
Its bigger but pretty simple and effective

zube

Reaction score
Fender DAddario strap lock.jpg

I use the Fender washer type lock on the neck button and the D'Addario Dual-Lock on the bridge button. The D'Addario is also a cable holder.

smitty_p

Reaction score
I recently just started using these - Grover GP800 Strap Locks.

Grover_GP800.jpg

Believe it or nor, my White Falcon actually came with a gold set of these. I've come to like them quite a bit.

Since then, I have put a nickel set on my Strat and a black set on my Jackson. I may get more of the nickel sets for my other guitars.

They have been very reliable on my guitars.

Here's a link on Sweetwater:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GP800N--grover-gp800n-strap-lock-set-nickel

Latest posts