Tuner help

ChrisM84

Reaction score
I have a Gibson V that I’m slowly changing the hardware from chrome to nickel on. Problem is, I can’t get the original Grover rotomatic out of the headstock. Small screw on the back is off, and the washer and nut are off of the front. Still won’t budge. Help!! Lol

living room rocker

Reaction score
I would think a deep well socket with an exterior dimension just under the peg hole diameter would allow you to gently tap it out the backside.

ChrisM84

Reaction score
True. Thanks for the reply. It might not be worth it. I have a feeling it might take some finish off the back side since it’s so tight on there.

living room rocker

Reaction score
True. Thanks for the reply. It might not be worth it. I have a feeling it might take some finish off the back side since it’s so tight on there.
Grasping at straws here. Maybe a hair dryer on low heat (not a heat gun) might introduce some heat and create some sort of movement.

skelt101

Reaction score
Chrome isn’t my favorite but I think I’ll live with it. It’s a monster sounding guitar so best not go OCD on minuscule changes. View attachment 49179
Is that an Exclusive '70s Flying V, @ChrisM84 ? I just got one of the Classic White variants and have gone a little OCD with changes...:rolleyes: What's your take on the pickups?

ChrisM84

Reaction score
Is that an Exclusive '70s Flying V, @ChrisM84 ? I just got one of the Classic White variants and have gone a little OCD with changes...:rolleyes: What's your take on the pickups?

Indeed it is! Killer guitars. Definitely going to pick up the white one at some point.

I like them . Not in love with them, but time will tell. The bridge definitely reminds me of a dimarzio super distortion. I can’t find the exact specs on them. Supposedly they were designed by Jim Decola from Gibson.

skelt101

Reaction score
Indeed it is! Killer guitars. Definitely going to pick up the white one at some point.

I like them . Not in love with them, but time will tell. The bridge definitely reminds me of a dimarzio super distortion. I can’t find the exact specs on them. Supposedly they were designed by Jim Decola from Gibson.
The only thing I know about the pickups is the resistance on both the neck and bridge is north of 15K. Trogly puts the multimeter on them in this video:

While that doesn’t tell everything, that usually makes for a pretty hot pickup (which they are)! People on forums have stated they have Alnico V magnets, but I’ve not seen any pictures or official specs to verify that claim.
I’m really liking what I’m hearing from the bridge, but the neck may need adjusting. Either that, or a replacement in the vein of a Seymour Duncan Jazz.

Latest posts