Two Strats go head to head: Modified and Unmodified. (Manic Depression)

Seamus

Reaction score
Greco SE-700 vs Fernandes Revival playing Jimis Manic Depression.

Lefty 1982 Fernandes Revival with after market pickups, jumbo frets, graphite, "raw vintage" bridge and saddles, vintage trem block, locking vintage tuners, upgraded capacitors. Right handed 1978 Greco SE-700 is stock and features Greco Excel pickups.(Please not I spent two hours learning Manic Depression today so forgive the glitches and I will work on and post the solo comparison soon). Amp settings are the same for each guitar, both set up in a similar fashion.

Greco:

Fernandes Revival

Huckleberry

Reaction score
They both sound fine. I think the greco gets the slight edge for me, what do you prefer?

Seamus

Reaction score
They both sound fine. I think the greco gets the slight edge for me, what do you prefer?

I prefer the Greco for straight up Hendrix stuff they really drive the front end of an amp just that little bit harder. The Fernades is a little bit more refined and polite. I love both of them. But yes the Greco just esges it. I'm not sure if these are a particularly agressive set of Excels but Ill measure both sets of pickups output. Thanks for the feedback man. Much appreciated!

WallaceWinston

Reaction score
I like the clarity of the Fernandez better, but I feel like your playing was better on the Greco

Seamus

Reaction score
I like the clarity of the Fernandez better, but I feel like your playing was better on the Greco

Hey Wallace, thanks for the feedback. My playing was better on the Greco because when I recorded the video first, it was on the Fernandes and after about 2 hours learning Manic Depression. With the Greco I had done maybe an extra hour in between recording the last video. Thanks again for the feedback :)

Seamus

Reaction score
the Greco looks normal, while the Fernandes seems upside down

Hey,

Yes you cant win as a left guitarist ! If I play a right handed strat people say "It's upside down" :) and then with the lefty version it still seems upside down !! Thanks for the feedback :)

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
You are welcome, Seamus, I was just being funny. Once however, I was surprised at a guitar store when a guy was trying out guitars and he sounded pretty good so I complimented him. Then he tells me he normally plays bass and left handed at that.
He was playing a righty guitar right handed normal way.

Latest posts