Western Electric Survey for USA-made Tubes

syscokid

Reaction score

Go Nigel Go

Reaction score
Filled out the short survey, hope they follow through and start producing again.

Norton

Reaction score
It’s a no brainer. They’d sell all the tubes they wanted to make. Not sure if it’s a profit margin that’ll make the shareholder mentality excited. But there’s no way it wouldn’t work.

smitty_p

Reaction score
Yeah, what can it hurt! When I first filled out the form on the website, their list did not include 6V6 or EL34 tubes. I left a comment that these tubes were extremely common guitar amplification tubes. A couple hours later I checked the site again and these tubes were added to the list.

Now, I’m pretty sure I wasn’t the only one to point this out, so I’m not saying they added these only because of my comment. But, it does show they are actively monitoring the site and paying attention.

syscokid

Reaction score
We have the equivalent in the UK. Brimar is an old and respected valve manufacturer. They have recommissioned their old machines and are producing some great valves again.

Brimar Valve Products
So, Brimar is actually manufacturing all the tubes currently listed in their catalog? I did not know their machinery was up to speed yet.

Decadent Dan

Reaction score
Eurotubes has this message…

“Our online store is temporarily closed due to an overwhelming numbers of orders placed after 3/10/2022. Do not worry! JJ Electronic is running at full capacity and we're processing existing orders as quickly as possible. Once we're caught up we will reopen the store.”

Latest posts