What amp do you play your SG's through?

Tobacco Worm

Reaction score
I'm not sure about anyone "lying" about using a Frontman 25R, but THAT IS my GO TO AMP! A whopping $89.99 new in the box and an addition of a Jensen 10" Falcon Jet speaker ($39) and this amp sounds amazing. I can't afford all those high dollar amps and guitars that have been displayed in this thread. But I can say that I enjoy what I have. The little red amp behind that guitar in this attachment is my FM25R and that is my amp of choice these days.

Dot 3.jpg

It takes pedals and a processor like a dream and sounds just fine when I go "barefoot" and simply plug in and play it as is. I use it for my keyboard too. Yup, I like the Fender Frontman 25R. One highly under rated amp I think....

Ok, the Worm has said his piece and is going back to playing his little amp!:wave:

Last edited:

WillsySG

Reaction score
My JVM410, killer tones and so many options

Photo023.jpg

BlackSG91

Reaction score
I'm also on the MLP forum. This is a friend of mine on MLP from Newfoundland who has this beautiful tobacco burst LP. I always loved ES-335's but never owned one. I also love tobacco burst so the both go hand-in-hand.:applause:

LesPaul.jpg

JohnP

Reaction score
Last edited:

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
Same

1988 Fender Red knob 'the twin'
IMG_2467.jpg

Usually with some Tube screamer variety. It does everything, and everything well. And loud.

For practice purpose I use a Marshall G50 rcd.

This is my exact Amp I use. Also 1972 Marshall JMP 50 watt Lead

Moose

Reaction score
Nope, though people sometimes call it that.
This one was made ca. 1986-1994.

The evil twin usually means the newer, post 1994 version with blackface cosmetics, which is quite different.

Ah. So I did have an Evil Twin then Correct Weight: The Evil Twin-Amp™

I didn't care much for the drive channel and didn't like it with pedals but it was a fantastic clean. I suspect I would be deaf before it distorted.

bschultzjames

Reaction score
Welp, I just got this SG the other day in a great trade. I've been browsing the forum and thought this thread looks fun. I am in love with my SG Classic and play it through a real-deal plexi. I guess it's kind of stereotypical to do that, but holy crap do these P90's sound great. Speakers are Celestion g12 Golds. Cabinet is convertible, it can be either open or closed. Sorry for the graininess of the photo. Instagram filters just look better on an iPhone.

8D03E5FE-740E-4AF8-BB6D-FED2800490C7-2186-000001005C74EBE6_zps3df2b6a4.jpg

Heket

Reaction score
I'm mostly new to these guitar shenanigans so I only have very unimpressive amps to list:
An old Peavey Blazer 158 (before it had a modern/vintage switch)
A Roland Microcube

Tomorrow I will be getting a POD 2.0 for Christmas! I can't wait!

dbb

Reaction score
I'm mostly new to these guitar shenanigans so I only have very unimpressive amps to list:
An old Peavey Blazer 158 (before it had a modern/vintage switch)
A Roland Microcube

Tomorrow I will be getting a POD 2.0 for Christmas! I can't wait!

Peavey's are under-rated..and that Roland Microcube is a very powerful small amp. I've been considering one for certain things.

Enjoy the POD!

Tony M

Reaction score
I use a MicroCube for house concerts.
No pedals. Guitar into cable into MicroCube.
It's perfect for playing with acoustic instruments.

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
Microcube

I bought a PRS Se guitar at a gas station after plugging it into the seller's microcube he brought with him.

I now do some of my practicing thru a Peavey Envoy 110 I got for 10 bux at an auction. Not bad lil amp with reverb and gain for 10 lil bux.

dbb

Reaction score

Do they make a battery-powered model?

Heket

Reaction score
Do they make a battery-powered model?

My Mircrocube is battery powered if you want it to be. I think it takes something like 6 x AA batteries. I haven't tested it though, so I have no idea how long it'll last.

Reactions: dbb

Rocksteady

Reaction score
I had this Marshall Artist series combo, which is like hybrid tube/solid state amp, the sound of which I never been fond of... but I thought the speaker was awesome, the original made in England Celestion. So I converted it to a speaker cabinet, bought DV Mark Little 40 head(EL-34), and that's my main rig now! It sounds great, and it's pretty light too. I live in NYC, everything gotta be light to lug around LOL