What is your favorite guitar ?

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score

TheDixiePig

Reaction score
Do you know what the specs are on those T-Type pickups, @TheDixiePig ? I’ve always been curious if Gibson just put Alnico 5 magnets in the 490s and came up with a catchy name… Beautiful guitar btw!:cheers:
Looks like Chilipepper got it covered. From a member here, his Wiki Fandom SG pages, all I could glean was: Alnico V, and 7.45 ohms.

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
Looks like Chilipepper got it covered. From a member here, his Wiki Fandom SG pages, all I could glean was: Alnico V, and 7.45 ohms.

Dave

Reaction score
My Carvin SC90 gets used the most for gigging.

SC90TB-1.jpg

DanB

Reaction score
Hard to say, I love all 4 of my guitars (Gibson SG, Fender Standard Stratocaster, Gretsch 2622 Streamliner, and Epiphone Les Paul Special) but I will always have a special fondness for my oldest guitar, my 1979 Gibson SG which I purchased 43years ago when I was in high school. Still plays great!

I think my second fave is my Strat

Attachments

• IMG_20190502_204905_hdr (1).jpg
    IMG_20190502_204905_hdr (1).jpg
    626.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20190502_205021_hdr (1).jpg
    IMG_20190502_205021_hdr (1).jpg
    648.6 KB · Views: 3
  • s-l500 (2).jpg
    s-l500 (2).jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 3

DanB

Reaction score
I guess I'll play. But I'll differentiate between favorite guitar and best guitar I own.

Best guitar I own is my Fender Strat. It is the most perfect guitar and it has five, count 'em, five useable selector switch positions. The Strat is the ultimate guitar. Looks, playability, and tone all score 10 out of 10.

View attachment 48286

However, my favorite guitar that I own is my Midnight Blue Rickenbacker 330. I modded it with oven knobs, but outside of that it is perfect the way Rickenbacker made it. I simply love the look, tone, and iconic heritage of the Rickenbacker name. Best looking guitar ever made. Plus, I am a treble freak. Nothing gives crystal bright, sparkly treble better than a Ric.

IMG-0381-Edited.jpg
Very pretty color! Rics are special guitars! I see you are also a Strat player! I love my Strat, its a toss up between my SG and my Strat

DanB

Reaction score
My favorite is an SG Standard made in 2000, perfect neck profile, low action, great sound (490R/498T), I have a very good feeling when I play this SG.
I love the look of this Second Millennium Ltd Edition with gold hardware, the bridge is a stock Gibson ABR-1 and the Gibson/TKL case is really cool.

View attachment 48271
Youve got some nice looking SGs!

Decadent Dan

Reaction score
I built one with a wood box and a Squier Tele neck.
It was pieced together many years ago during some hard times.
I play it and remember that everything can change in the blink of an eye.
It’s a genuine blues machine.

Crustoffer

Reaction score
Hi! New here! My favourite is either a Burny RSG 70 (Sg Custom), My Gibson Sg 1979 Exclusive or my Sg standard from 77. Close up is actually a SG special from 2010.

smitty_p

Reaction score
Favorite guitar?

I don't have one.

No favorite style of music, no favorite song, no favorite guitar, no favorite food, no favorite color...you get the picture.

I will say this, though I don't have a "favorite" guitar, the guitar which currently meets my needs and preferences most completely is this one right here:

GretschWhiteFalcon.jpg

Since acquiring this guitar, I have barely played any of my others as this can ably muster the tones I'm trying to achieve.

It also feels most like a "guitar" to me.

Purely personal preferences, of course.

MR D

Reaction score
I will say this, though I don't have a "favorite" guitar, the guitar which currently meets my needs and preferences most completely is this one right here:

View attachment 48569

Since acquiring this guitar, I have barely played any of my others as this can ably muster the tones I'm trying to achieve.

It also feels most like a "guitar" to me.

Purely personal preferences, of course.
Now that is complete BAD-A$$-ERY, right there it is !!! You must be stoked to own that one, eh ? Billy Duffy fan are ya ? That is who I think of every time I see one of those.....Billy D, another BAD-A$$ !

papagayo

Reaction score
My favorite inexpensive guitar is this '04 Gibson SG Special, pickups are Seymour Duncan '59 SH-1 and the bridge is a Gibson ABR-1 mounted with Faber studs adapters, saddles are brass made. A really cool guitar .

SG Faded 112.jpg

Latest posts