Where Is Mick Taylor's SG?

youdevil

Reaction score
I've never been very interested in acquiring celebrity guitars, but Mick Taylor's SG -- the one used on the 1969 Stones tour -- would be an exception!

Whatever became of it, and where is it now?

rotorhead

Reaction score
It was stolen in the early 70s (71?) with a bunch of other guitars and stuff and never recovered as far as I know.

Les’s Nemisis

Reaction score
It was stolen in the early 70s (71?) with a bunch of other guitars and stuff and never recovered as far as I know.

Necro-bump, but I ran across this and thought I'd add some tidbits.

If you're referring to the bugulary at Nellcote, a number of guitars were "stolen" from Villa Nellcote. I hadn't heard of Taylor's SG being included but it's plausible. The last footage / photos I could ever find of Mick with the SG are early 1971. The burgularly was in Sept '71.

For those not in the loop, Nellcote was Keef's rental in France when they were all tax exiles from Britan. Nellcote was a combination studio, elegant house, and den of debauchery.

Keef was buying their drugs from people in the Corsican Mafia. Some of them hung out there on a regular basis. The estate was very open and free form. Rumor is that Keef owed the Corsicans a lot of money for drugs... so one day they came by and walked out in broad daylight with a bunch of Keef's guitars and Bill Wyman's bass as payment.

I've never heard of the SG being included but it would make sense that it was there becuase Taylor played it in preference to his LP. It's not like the guitars were labeled with names - or if the Corsicans would care. The SG wasn't seen after that AFAIK.

MR D

Reaction score
Necro-bump, but I ran across this and thought I'd add some tidbits.

If you're referring to the bugulary at Nellcote, a number of guitars were "stolen" from Villa Nellcote. I hadn't heard of Taylor's SG being included but it's plausible. The last footage / photos I could ever find of Mick with the SG are early 1971. The burgularly was in Sept '71.

For those not in the loop, Nellcote was Keef's rental in France when they were all tax exiles from Britan. Nellcote was a combination studio, elegant house, and den of debauchery.

Keef was buying their drugs from people in the Corsican Mafia. Some of them hung out there on a regular basis. The estate was very open and free form. Rumor is that Keef owed the Corsicans a lot of money for drugs... so one day they came by and walked out in broad daylight with a bunch of Keef's guitars and Bill Wyman's bass as payment.

I've never heard of the SG being included but it would make sense that it was there becuase Taylor played it in preference to his LP. It's not like the guitars were labeled with names - or if the Corsicans would care. The SG wasn't seen after that AFAIK.
WOW, never heard that one,........Keef was hurtin for CA$H back then ? If it were anyone besides Keef, they would have drowned whoever it was in the swimming pool, or a puddle of urine.

MR D

Reaction score
WOW, those guitars in the background...geez zeus ! Back then they were just GREAT Guitars...but now? IF ANY SURVIVED....WOWO, They'd be worth a frikkin fortune ! I can see why the 'MOB' wanted them, if they even knew what they were getting ! Probably went straight to a pawn shop and came back for the rest of the CA$H Keef owed them ! Keef must have paid up as he still has all of his fingers !

Latest posts