White pickguard on an Epi standard?

Reaction score
So, just scored one of the Alpine White SG Standards, and love it! (Worth the wait for it to get back in stock) But i'm thinking about swapping out the black pickguard for a 3-ply white one. Any thoughts on this / anyone else tried this? Not sure if i could get an exact match for the Alpine White finish, but not sure if it would matter too much.

3bolt79

Reaction score
As that guitar may have some collectibility in the future, I think I would leave it alone

3bolt79

Reaction score
Why would it be collectable?
Well it won’t have much in the the way of resale value, if the holes don’t line up on the new guard and he has to drill any new holes.

It might have some collectibility with guys over at ET. People collect all sorts of things, not just American made guitars.

laza616

Reaction score
I dont think this is going to be collectible unless Iommi or Frusciante plays and signs it

Dont worry, swapping a pickguard is reversible, whenever you feel like you want a default stock black pickguard back, just mount it back on and you are good to go. Its just a pickguard, you dont plan to toss the original one to the garbage, right?

DrBGood

Reaction score
So, just scored one of the Alpine White SG Standards, and love it! (Worth the wait for it to get back in stock) But i'm thinking about swapping out the black pickguard for a 3-ply white one. Any thoughts on this / anyone else tried this? Not sure if i could get an exact match for the Alpine White finish, but not sure if it would matter too much.
The only way I see that SG become a collectible is if tomorrow, production of all electric guitars completely ceased around the world.

Von Trapp

Reaction score
I wonder why they chose to have cream bindings instead of white.

Carrion

Reaction score

I created a Mint White Pickguard for my Epi Standard (Inspired by)

Attachments

• s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 29
  • betty_3.jpg
    betty_3.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 10

papagayo

Reaction score
Nice combo Carrion, green mint pickguard with alpine white finish is perfect :cheers:

s2-jpg.48296

Carrion

Reaction score
Nice combo Carrion, green mint pickguard with alpine white finish is perfect :cheers:

s2-jpg.48296
Thank You !!

I found the Black pickguard on the Alpine White was quite stark ! I was going to use the pure white pickguard material, but decided last minute with the mint :) and happy with outcome :) Mine is a 2020 Inspired by .. Epiphone Standard, It plays just amazing , all around quality .

Browning

Reaction score
Thank You !!

I found the Black pickguard on the Alpine White was quite stark ! I was going to use the pure white pickguard material, but decided last minute with the mint :) and happy with outcome :) Mine is a 2020 Inspired by .. Epiphone Standard, It plays just amazing , all around quality .

I have the same guitar, very happy with it

Reaction score
I created a Mint White Pickguard for my Epi Standard (Inspired by)
Okay...wow...I wouldn't have thought of the mint, but this looks absolutely amazing, and i may just end up borrowing this idea for my own SG. Thanks for posting the pics, I started thinking about doing this and wanted to see if anybody else had the same idea and how it turned out. I'd say it's a 10 out 10...outstanding!

Carrion

Reaction score
Okay...wow...I wouldn't have thought of the mint, but this looks absolutely amazing, and i may just end up borrowing this idea for my own SG. Thanks for posting the pics, I started thinking about doing this and wanted to see if anybody else had the same idea and how it turned out. I'd say it's a 10 out 10...outstanding!
Thank you !! good luck !!

Latest posts