White SG Special P90

ScottMarlowe

Reaction score
My third 1961 50th anni SG Special, now in white.
cFpbNyO.jpg

Nicely figured fretboard:

VYUdm7g.jpg

the three happy felons:
eyaciVe.jpg

Bettyboo

Reaction score
The white with the white binding looks really nice. &, simplicity of form with P90s has to be a good thing.

You are developing quite a set; do they come in Pelham Blue?

Last edited:

Notes69

Reaction score
Wow, beautiful family. You must be proud.

DrBGood

Reaction score
Ahh ... I could have sold you my black one to complete the quatuor. Real nice !

BTW, if you think of upgrading the P90s on that one, go with Tyson Tone '57 Wraptails. I tried the Sanford Magnetics in it and they weren't great, they didn't sing like they now do in my PRS SE Soapbar. Strange, same pots and cap values. It is what it is.

How's the intonation on that one ?

ScottMarlowe

Reaction score
I don't think they come in Pelham blue, but there is a black one. Are you going for the complete set, @ScottMarlowe?

Yeah, keeping my eyes open for one. No hurry but if a black one goes by at a good price I'll jump on it.

Ahh ... I could have sold you my black one to complete the quatuor. Real nice !

BTW, if you think of upgrading the P90s on that one, go with Tyson Tone '57 Wraptails. I tried the Sanford Magnetics in it and they weren't great, they didn't sing like they now do in my PRS SE Soapbar. Strange, same pots and cap values. It is what it is.

How's the intonation on that one ?

The TV Yellow one is getting filtertron minihumbuckers, the white one will probably stay stock. I really like the Epi P-90s in these things. If I get a black one I might look at aftermarket p-90s or a humbucker / p-90 combo.

The intonation on the white one is spot on. +/- maybe 2 cents on the A and D strings the rest are right on the money.

Epiphan

Reaction score
Dang! I need a white one, got the other 3 :-) You should be able to score an ebony one easy enough, Cherry and Ebony were the two most popular colours, I think. I don't hold out much hope for finding a white one down here. I tried one out but dicked around buying it and when I went back a few weeks later she was goneburger.

3x61P90 - Copy.jpg

Latest posts