White SG's in Europe?

DelBoy-00

Reaction score
I'm searching for such a long time for a White SG Standard, can't find it anywhere, neither on Ebay or Reverb.
New Epiphone SG in arctic white, looks the part, but i don't like the look of the headstock or laurel fretboard....
Anyone selling from Europe, or knows where to get one? Am i asking too much from life?

I want to buy it and hold it like this, forever....
iu

SG standard

Reaction score
Yes, they must be getting hard to find, they haven't been offered new since 2014. I bought a new one back then, partly because they were already hard to find second hand, so it must be a lot worse now. Gibson are bound to do some more the moment the sales of cherry SGs start to flag, but I suspect they're still selling strongly since the changes of 2019.

Are you also regularly checking Gumtree? I've often sold on there in preference to paying Ebay/Paypal fees (though Ebay do a lot of £1 fee sales now).

Good luck - hope you find one soon...

Or you could use it as an excuse to splash out on a new Custom. :)

SGC63VOCWGM1_1.jpg

papagayo

Reaction score
I'm searching for such a long time for a White SG Standard, can't find it anywhere, neither on Ebay or Reverb.
New Epiphone SG in arctic white, looks the part, but i don't like the look of the headstock or laurel fretboard....
Anyone selling from Europe, or knows where to get one? Am i asking too much from life?

I want to buy it and hold it like this, forever....
iu

This cream SG was made in 2010, 2011 and 2012. Neck profile is a C medium.

The '61 RI is white, slim taper neck.

24452124516_df9044f537_c.jpg

Satellitedog

Reaction score
@ OP: I hope both that you find your white SG (I love my Tokai SG92 in that colour) and that you won't look this creepy and arctic, holding your guitar like that...

DelBoy-00

Reaction score
Yes, they must be getting hard to find, they haven't been offered new since 2014. I bought a new one back then, partly because they were already hard to find second hand, so it must be a lot worse now. Gibson are bound to do some more the moment the sales of cherry SGs start to flag, but I suspect they're still selling strongly since the changes of 2019.

Are you also regularly checking Gumtree? I've often sold on there in preference to paying Ebay/Paypal fees (though Ebay do a lot of £1 fee sales now).

Good luck - hope you find one soon...

Or you could use it as an excuse to splash out on a new Custom. :)

SGC63VOCWGM1_1.jpg

Yeah, never heard of Gumtree, i'll check that tnq :) Custom... just a dream.

I think that there was a 2017. version of a white sg standard, but yeah, no one is selling.

I had one offer, in exchange for my new SG standard... Guy's offering me 1987. Greco SG (Mint series, Fujigen), rusty and all + $850. I don't really know if that's a good deal or not. In Japan they sell those Greco's pretty cheap, but in Europe they're rare and expensive.

original-greco-ss-600-vintage-1987god-gibson-lp-sg-fujigen-japan-slika-129722378.jpg
GRECO-SS-600-1987-10.jpg
GRECO-SS-600-1987-HEADSTOCK-BACK.jpg
GRECO-SS-600-1987-11.jpg
original-greco-ss-600-vintage-1987god-gibson-lp-sg-fujigen-japan-slika-129722378.jpg

SG standard

Reaction score

I think that there was a 2017. version of a white sg standard, but yeah, no one is selling.

I had one offer, in exchange for my new SG standard... Guy's offering me 1987. Greco SG (Mint series, Fujigen), rusty and all + $850. I don't really know if that's a good deal or not. In Japan they sell those Greco's pretty cheap, but in Europe they're rare and expensive.

Ah! As you mentioned Europe I thought you were there... Yes, there's been at least one dealer run of White SG Standards since 2014, but only in the USA. So Europe is even drier when it comes to white SGs. :(

Von Trapp

Reaction score
Yeah i'm actually interested, is that an legit shop? Are you able to check it for any breaks and cracks? Bridge pick up is obviously changed, which pickup is it?
Yes, super legit store, been around since -68. I'll give them a call in the morning, PM me any questions. They're in another city so I can't have a look at but I'll put you in touch after I talked to them and you can probably skype/zoom/teams or what have you. I'm sure they will be honest.

Also PM me your details so I can email you since if you are in the states we are on different time zones.

DelBoy-00

Reaction score
Yes, super legit store, been around since -68. I'll give them a call in the morning, PM me any questions. They're in another city so I can't have a look at but I'll put you in touch after I talked to them and you can probably skype/zoom/teams or what have you. I'm sure they will be honest.

Also PM me your details so I can email you since if you are in the states we are on different time zones.
I already contacted them through facebook and they replied that they are not still sure about shipping, and that they'll see in the morning. I'm from Croatia

Von Trapp

Reaction score
I already contacted them through facebook and they replied that they are not still sure about shipping, and that they'll see in the morning. I'm from Croatia

Ah, I see, probably worried about the postal service or something in your country then. Well, PM me if there's anything I can do to help.

SGBreadfan

Reaction score
I sold one recently with a rosewood fretboard, a 2011. My keeper (avatar) is a 2010 GC Exclusive w/ BB’s, coil splits and an ebony board. Def. tough to find these days, I love white SG’s :)

Satellitedog

Reaction score

GRECO-SS-600-1987-10.jpg
GRECO-SS-600-1987-HEADSTOCK-BACK.jpg
GRECO-SS-600-1987-11.jpg

That's a bit expensive, the similar Cherry red '63 directly from Japan would cost roughly USD 730 with a 20% VAT and 2,5% duty, but the white ones are pretty rare.
Those are nice guitars, and it's already worn and the colour has aged nicely.
White ones very often have sticker-sunburns, this one looks to have gotten away unharmed :-)
I'd ask for the weight of it, although the Japanese Grecos are usually light.

Also ask about the neck profile.
I have the Korean (Cort) made version of this, and it has a narrow neck. Not uncomfortable, but it took some getting used to.
Don't know if they shared the profile across the different factories.

Last edited:

Moey

Reaction score
I have one for sale if you are still looking.

2011 Gibson SG Standard with Cream finish. It was a limited edition.